Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Finals" Can Run With Intel Graphics On Linux When Hiding The Fact It's An Intel GPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dumbestpenguin View Post
    Have you tried disabling in-game voice chat? Some people have said that it causes issues. I have had it turned off and haven't had a single issue with the game since last Friday when it started working – and as of writing, I have 23 hours on it according to Steam.

Edit: I have a 5800X3D with 7900 XTX, using Flatpak Steam.
    I read that on protondb too, I have avoided pressing "K" or whatever button it was to enable it. I assumed that was the only thing needed, or is there some more setting?

Comment

Originally posted by johanb View Post

I read that on protondb too, I have avoided pressing "K" or whatever button it was to enable it. I assumed that was the only thing needed, or is there some more setting?
      There is also a setting in Settings -> Audio. It should be off, though, since it offers you the shortcut to enable it.

Comment

I hope Intel works on XeSS support on linux, it's a great feature.

Comment

Originally posted by dracc View Post

Reading the article, it's due to XeSS support not working well with proton/wine.
          No it's due to Intel being clowns and Arc being a joke. Seems like they want to keep Xess a proprietary blob (because of muh AI) and no way they will implement this in mesa.

Comment

Just for reference, Intel XeSS works just fine on Linux. The Shader Model 6.4 and DP4a paths.

It's the XMX model on Intel ARC that had issues so far.

Comment

Originally posted by slagiewka View Post
              Wait, I thought it's not supposed to run due to the use of anti cheat.
              Well this quite a surprise. THE FINALS is one of the most popular new online FPS games that uses Easy Anti-Cheat from Epic Online Services, and as of a recent update — it works on Steam Deck and Desktop Linux.

seems like someone was nice at the studio and flipped the switch to enable linux support in its EAC

Comment

Originally posted by hartree View Post
                I hope Intel works on XeSS support on linux, it's a great feature.
                never forget xess sdk was at one point going to be open source

Comment

Originally posted by Cryio View Post
                  Just for reference, Intel XeSS works just fine on Linux. The Shader Model 6.4 and DP4a paths.

It's the XMX model on Intel ARC that had issues so far.
                  "Xe Matrix Extensions"? Is that some API lacking from Mesa?

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Angel View Post

"Xe Matrix Extensions"? Is that some API lacking from Mesa?
                    It's the equivalent of tensor cores on nvidia gpus, and needs driver support to use. XeSS is Intel's version of DLSS and the XMX model is what uses their special AI hardware on Intel gpus.

The DP4 path is a fallback that can run on AMD and Nvidia gpus, at the cost of less quality and performance, similar to what FSR does.

Comment

Working...
                    X