Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Core Ultra 7 155H Meteor Lake vs. AMD Ryzen 7 7840U On Linux In 300+ CPU Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Core Ultra 7 155H Meteor Lake vs. AMD Ryzen 7 7840U On Linux In 300+ CPU Benchmarks

Phoronix: Intel Core Ultra 7 155H Meteor Lake vs. AMD Ryzen 7 7840U On Linux In 300+ CPU Benchmarks

Last week Intel launched their Core Ultra "Meteor Lake" notebook processors. Genuinely very curious about the performance potential under Linux along with various features of these new mobile SoCs like the NPU and integrated Arc Graphics, I bought an Intel Core Ultra laptop on launch-day for carrying out Linux benchmarks. In this first review of Intel Meteor Lake on Linux is a look at how the Intel Core Ultra 7 155H performs against the common AMD Ryzen 7 7840U as the Zen 4 laptop competition.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wow ! What a long road Pat Gelsinger has before him to rebuild Intel into a competitive force. He had better be dumping a metric crap ton of money into software frameworks and compilers to optimize further this new tile based architecture and add-ons such as the NPU and eventually on package FPGAs. Because from a strictly hardware sense AMD's Zen arch is killing it. Surprising further to see the energy usage stats of the Zen 4 arch vs Intel. Ever since the disaster of the Intel Pentium 4 and the Netburst silliness with the outrageous power draw numbers, Intel had basically won that war with the Core era. But my, my what a difference the years have made.

Comment

It would be interesting to have also i7-1360p in the comparison, it might be faster than the new meteor lake...

Comment

Originally posted by Doug View Post
        It would be interesting to have also i7-1360p in the comparison, it might be faster than the new meteor lake...
        I don't have any Raptor Lake laptops but will have Alder Lake as part of the broader laptop comparison to come in next week or two.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

8 amd cores are around 30% faster than 16 intel cores.

Let that sink in...

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            Typo on the first page.

Comment

I wonder how much of that 28% is due to the fact that you are using a budget Acer laptop vs a pricier Framework laptop.

Comment

Thanks for the benchmarks Michael! Thanks for buying a 1000 dollar laptop just to benchmark! I know I don't support you near enough to justify these expenses but am glad that you somehow someway find time to do wonderful benchmarks like this!

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
                  I wonder how much of that 28% is due to the fact that you are using a budget Acer laptop vs a pricier Framework laptop.
                  Wouldn't call a thousand dollar laptop budget, a 200 or 300 one yeah but not a 1000. Heck the most expensive laptop I've ever bought was 400!

Comment

Michael do you have a power consumption chart in idle?

Comment

Working...
                    X