Intel Arc Graphics Conceals Itself To Get Diablo IV Running On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post

I like the M$ moniker, it's like an instant IQ test. At that point I can immediately know the person making the comment is not to be taken seriously in any shape or form.
    Why? With $68 billion getting moved it seemed rather fitting to me.

Comment

Originally posted by fong38 View Post

The amount of people not getting that reference is staggering.
      right? I actually laughed quite a bit

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
        I'm honestly surprised how many people seem to be missing that it's a reference to https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/do-yo...ot-have-phones
        Is there any reason people should remember anything from Blizzard past its glory time?

Comment

Originally posted by gnarlin View Post
          When will we get Xe Super Sampling (XeSS) on Arc for Linux?
          Or power management that works, or a fan / power / temperature / clocks / settings control panel / CLI / API, or....

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post

Do you guys not have Windows?
            Yes, we do, in fact better than plain "windows", we've had "X Windows" for decades, and being "X" that's ten times better than microsoft "windows". In fact it took microsoft DECADES to come out with "windows X" to try to compete with our awesome "X windows" and they did a much worse job even so!

Now we've got even better windows. And frames. And not to mention an actual OS and file systems that don't suck.
            And an OS that comes with the exciting features of free not-spyware and free not-cortana and free not-telemetry and free free freedom, too!

Also we've got "better FS" as compared to MS having nothing but "FAT FS" for decades until they just gave up and left it at "Not There FS".

Last edited by pong; 01 November 2023, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Their marketing people / lawyers say you're misunderstanding the feature they promised.
              That's "open-source", as in "open -source" == "open !source" -- the openness of their not giving you source has been
              delivered since pre-launch!

Actually I'm very glad they've made as much open source as they have, and I'm looking forward to using the ARC, etc.

It is just unfathomable how / why they'd come out with all this open source and also thousands of pages of open documents and
              not even an API or couple pages of documentation or a bit of open source AFAICT that'd help with basic stuff like is
              already dealt with in their ms-windows support for ASPM settings / use, power management, power control, clock control,
              fan control, temperature / clock / fan monitoring, video / GPU settings otherwise.

At least the fan / power management stuff has to be like what 4 pages of documentation and 4 pages of source code?
              It doesn't seem like a big "ask" even if they just tell us how to do it and let OSS implement the simpler / all details.

How do their IGPUs using i915 even deal with power management / clock / settings control under LINUX?
              I assume that kind of has to work already for IGPU laptops anyway.

Originally posted by evasb View Post
              This XeSS BS made buy AMD again.

Also, Intel promised that it would be open source.

Comment

Somebody should fork ANV and implement XeSS as an FSR wrapper.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroicPenguin

is there any particular reason we are supposed to know this?

You do know that some people have families and life and sex and ...ok nevermind. That is too difficult for you
                  Because you're weighing in on a thread about Diablo IV and it was one of the most memetic things to happen to the Diablo franchise in years?

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post

I like the M$ moniker, it's like an instant IQ test. At that point I can immediately know the person making the comment is not to be taken seriously in any shape or form.
                    An upvote for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

Because you're weighing in on a thread about Diablo IV and it was one of the most memetic things to happen to the Diablo franchise in years?
                      Also, Blizzard games are incompatible with life and even less to sex. That company are the drug overlords of gaming.

No doubt the reasons Microsoft bought them.

I never liked their games. Anyway, those people trying to should expect issues running them on Linux in the near future. Don't be so naive, Microsoft is extremely passive-aggressive about Linux

Comment

Working...
                      X