Intel Arc Graphics Conceals Itself To Get Diablo IV Running On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

To be fair, the Windows driver probably has similar work arounds for other game devs making dumb blanket assumptions like that.
    It's not the game or the game devs making assumptions in this case, but rather the XeSS library itself. Anv needs this override for literally every game that supports XeSS to not crash on launch.

Comment

Would be nice if they implemented a XeSS implementation, I don't mind if it isn't open source. Though I think being open source might help them get the bugs out faster.

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

And some people are just hypocritical about the whole thing and run closed source software on top of Linux while blindly carping how hip and different they are because they use Linux and support FOSS ... while all they're really doing is value washing.

Then there's others like me that don't really give much of a care about the licensing particulars and either just want to tinker with software/hardware and/or tired of the increasing intrusiveness of Microsoft's ad machine and decreasing quality of its offerings.
        That's practically everyone that plays games on Linux

Not just Windows games, either, since native Linux games can be closed source. I have a few of them and, oddly enough, it's preferable to play them through Proton these days. I find that very funny.

Then there's people like me that just thought that Windows XP looked like shit and that GNOME was the remedy, but then GNOME went and looked like shit so KDE became the remedy. I'm grateful everyday I see the news and read that Plasma 6 is just a better version of Plasma 5. These days, about all I care about is if it'll play my games when I'm bored, if the web browser will stream paid-for services, and if it has a KDE desktop. As long as those needs are met, I'm happy.

Seriously, Windows XP looking like shit is what made me convert to Linux full time. Once I started using it full time all the customization and tinkering stuff just clicked.

Comment

This XeSS BS made buy AMD again.

Also, Intel promised that it would be open source.

Attached Files
          Last edited by evasb; 01 November 2023, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post

Do you guys not have Windows?
            No, we do not have Windows OS. Only Linux.

Comment

I'm honestly surprised how many people seem to be missing that it's a reference to https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/do-yo...ot-have-phones

Comment

The amount of people not getting that reference is staggering.

Comment

Originally posted by fong38 View Post

The amount of people not getting that reference is staggering.
                  I've never heard it until today. I'm one of today's 10000.

Comment

This one is excellent ;-)
                    Yes I have windows and I also have a phone!

Thing is, I started to play hardcore and I've lost 2 chars on windows because there is their telemetry program which started to suck all my resources and diablo got unresponsive for a while. I couldn't even find how to disable it.

So I think that I have things more under control on Linux regarding what runs in background and regarding the scheduling.

Comment

Originally posted by dlq84 View Post
                      They should instead make XeSS work on Linux.

​They will for sure do that now that M$ owns them.
                      I like the M$ moniker, it's like an instant IQ test. At that point I can immediately know the person making the comment is not to be taken seriously in any shape or form.

Comment

Working...
                      X