Intel Preparing Another Linux Vulkan Driver Optimization To Help Gamers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Preparing Another Linux Vulkan Driver Optimization To Help Gamers

Phoronix: Intel Preparing Another Linux Vulkan Driver Optimization To Help Gamers

Following a recent Intel Mesa driver improvement to yield ~10% better performance, another change is on the way that has the ability to boost the performance for at least one game by 12% and other games by smaller yields...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

for the gaming industry as a whole, i wish for a clear success for intel with their dGPUs​. That could redress the balance in favor of the consumer.​

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Intel engineers foudn this

Comment

What game did get a boost?
        Also, is there a strong point for me to upgrade to Intel 16gb card from 5700xt?(as price performance with existing AMD/Ngreedia GPUs is not there, I do not consider upgrade from 3 years of age GPU to 8GBb GPU an actual 'upgrade' even if I win "some" performance.) I am on 3440x1440.

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
          Also, is there a strong point for me to upgrade to Intel 16gb card from 5700xt?(as price performance with existing AMD/Ngreedia GPUs is not there, I do not consider upgrade from 3 years of age GPU to 8GBb GPU an actual 'upgrade' even if I win "some" performance.) I am on 3440x1440.
          In this case strange brigade. I do own a 5700XT myself...at the given situation there is no upgrade which makes sense. If you want the performance of a 5700Xt you gonna almost pay the same as you did for a 5700XT shortly before the mining crisis.

btw how do you play @4k with a 5700XT ?

Comment

No. Intel Arc is for early adopters on Linux at least for modern gaming. On windows it's a bit better. I kinda like my Arc card but I cannot recommend it for Linux Gaming. For desktop sure, for modern windows gaming sure.
            Last edited by RejectModernity; 20 July 2023, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

In this case strange brigade. I do own a 5700XT myself...at the given situation there is no upgrade which makes sense. If you want the performance of a 5700Xt you gonna almost pay the same as you did for a 5700XT shortly before the mining crisis.

btw how do you play @4k with a 5700XT ?
              3440x1440 is not 4k, but i use FSR for pretty much everything that needs it. Either with ingame settings or I apply it over proton somehow(glorious eggroll or gamescope).
              Also I do shamelessly drop quality settings from time to time. Its playable.

But I want to upgrade BECAUSE I want better graphics and higher FPS.
              I completed cyberpunk 2077, and I want to do it again on better graphics.
              I don't play super new titles.

Comment

Not really. You will pay a few hundred dollars for a GPU that is, at most, 15% better than your 5700 XT, while providing a worse gaming experience due to Intel's not so refined GPU platform.

BTW, I also have a 5700 XT and I'm not upgrading it for now.

Comment

I live it when bar charts starts at 90%......

Comment

Originally posted by EvilHowl View Post

BTW, I also have a 5700 XT and I'm not upgrading it for now.
                    Out of curiosity, what resolution do you have? Do you plan to increase it?(buy a new monitor?)

Comment

Working...
                    X