Intel Arc Graphics A750/A770 Quick Linux Competition With The Radeon RX 7600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    I don't know the typical numbers but going to 64 bit pointers and offsets everywhere is going to increase the size even more.
    of course it does increase the size but does it matter ? is the size itself a problem ?
    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post
      did you not work with the community on compute the last 10 years ?
      Not to the same extent that we did for graphics. Our open source graphics focus was desktop users on common distros, while the compute focus was on large corporate customers who did not use standard distros or work in the community to the same extent.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        Not to the same extent that we did for graphics. Our open source graphics focus was desktop users on common distros, while the compute focus was on large corporate customers who did not use standard distros or work in the community to the same extent.
        i did buy amd hardware for gpu compute in the last 10 years... that AMD did only care for "large corporate customers who did not use standard distros" ... and litterally ignored the community does in my point of view hit them hard now with all the AI hype and all the people buy Nvidia cards for AI workloads on CUDA...

AMD has to end this negative elitism focus on: "large corporate customers" because it damange the reputation of the AMD brand name.

i personally want to buy AMD hardware for AI workloads without AMD telling me they are only for "large corporate customers"
        thats nonsense.

AMD should think about this; why not ship opensource AI modells inside the driver and make these AI functions easily accessible to other software like games. there are some very interesting opensource AI modells out there.

AMD should think about dualgpu cards again with one chip RDNA3 and the other chip CDNA
        also producing a smaller CDNA die but with very large amount of ram to avoid the memory wall in AI tools could be a top seller as a second card to the existing graphic card.

i also would find it nice to see some FPGAs inclused in any CPU/APU the Mega65(comodore64) and VampirV4(Amiga) proof that there is a market for FPGAs to emulate old computer systems for games. and honestly a virtual machine without FPGA does not work well for that. the FPGA should be large enough to emulate 8bit/16bit and maybe some popular 32bit area gaming platforms.

Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post

Does anything run reliably with Wayland?

All i see is complaints about Wayland from users of various video cards.
          Why would I come here and post "All my things are working correctly under Wayland, and I'm very much enjoying that it's not really perceptable to the end-user, aside from simplified/improved inner workings."? It simply doesn't make sense. You *will* overwhelmingly see posts from people with problems/complaints, regardless of how common or rare those issues are, simply because THAT'S WHY THEY COME POST.

Comment

Working...
          X