Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Current Intel Arc Graphics Linux Gaming Performance On Linux 6.2 + Mesa 23.1-dev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought an ARC 770 16 Gb, because it is the most affordable 4k ultra gaming GPU.
    In Unigine test is about 1/3 slower in Linux, and close to the RTX 3070 in MS WOS.
    I miss Civilization V not working in MS WOS, and with a lot of artifacts - unplayable - on Linux (the same artifacts that Doom 2016 or Doom eternal, that I hope they will solve soon enough).

I think an article about 4k ultra gaming benchmarks on Linux vs MS WOS, including price / performance, would show how good or bad are Linux vs MS WOS drivers for each brand, and how good are those cards to play at least at 60 fps / 60Hz or 30 fps - 40 fps / 60Hz on TVs used as PC monitors.

Furthermore, I think that it would be great to add STEAM DECK as benchmark 100 or 1000 as old PC IBM XT benchmarks, or at least add it as a reference to the benchmarks.

Comment

Plays most games over 60 fps. Would be cool to see what accelerated encoding for streaming or recording would affect fps.
      i think the card looks great. Look at the Unigine engine results high quality. Maybe the vulkan drivers have severe bug, but the opengl results look good, and I bet that's the priority since it's likely what corporate clients use.

The only thing that looks terrible across the board is the power use.

I believe they will optimize their drivers eventually.

The real test I'd like to see is encoding a stream, power usage during that. If anyone has numbers to share I'm curious.

I don't need a gpu but 3-4 iterations down the line this might be great.

Comment

Working...
      X