No announcement yet.

Intel Officially Announces The Core i9 13900KS With 6.0GHz Max Turbo Frequency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Officially Announces The Core i9 13900KS With 6.0GHz Max Turbo Frequency

Phoronix: Intel Officially Announces The Core i9 13900KS With 6.0GHz Max Turbo Frequency

Intel today officially announced the Core i9 13900KS as what they claim to be the "world's fastest desktop processor" with up to a 6.0GHz maximum turbo frequency...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

According to Hardware Unboxed you get a 1-3 % performance increase for a hefty price premium. Thermals and power consumption look terrible, and Steve even used a 420 mm AIO this time. I don't get a point for such a product which doesn't bring us forward in any meaningful way (in contrast, the 4090 might also come with an absurd price tag but it at least enables 4k high refresh rate gaming).

Comment

Originally posted by ms178 View Post
      According to Hardware Unboxed you get a 1-3 % performance increase for a hefty price premium. Thermals and power consumption look terrible, and Steve even used a 420 mm AIO this time. I don't get a point for such a product which doesn't bring us forward in any meaningful way (in contrast, the 4090 might also come with an absurd price tag but it at least enables 4k high refresh rate gaming).
      It's likely a "clever" marketing exercise designed to milk a certain crowd and (re)build brand awareness around intel's products.

Comment

Originally posted by ermo View Post

It's likely a "clever" marketing exercise designed to milk a certain crowd and (re)build brand awareness around intel's products.
        I think emo is right, the market and production are so f upped chip tricks become an option.

Comment

It's the P4 Prescott all over again. High clocks with high power consumption. And with very little tangible benefit to the user over more mainstream sku's. No thanks.

Comment

Ofcourse those products are ridiculous, but many people buy them and orient their purchase for smaller SKUs on who has the biggest. It kinda forces Intel to do this.

Comment

This is specifically binned SKU for extreme overclockers and just them or extreme enthusiasts who just want the best.

Most people shouldn't even look at K serie CPUs (or AMD X) and just go for non-K and non-X series CPUs as they have a ton more reasonable power consumption and way better ratio performance-power (and performance-price as well)

Comment

150 W TDP, no thanks!
                Going to be difficult to cool and run very hot, and be noisy and loud and use a lot of energy!
                It will be expensive and give you a high energy bill!
                It will have a high Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) because it is so inefficient.

Comment

150W energy consumption !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think the way the product was released is very telling. Compared to the Xeon release where all channels had production samples way in advance, this product - although it's positioned as a top-of-the-line product - doesn't have any of this.
                    I assume that Intel would not want critical reviewers rain on their parade.

Comment

Working...
                    X