Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 6.0.11, 5.15.81 & 5.10.157 Released With Intel Gen12 Graphics Security Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.0.11, 5.15.81 & 5.10.157 Released With Intel Gen12 Graphics Security Fix

Phoronix: Linux 6.0.11, 5.15.81 & 5.10.157 Released With Intel Gen12 Graphics Security Fix

Greg Kroah-Hartman released a trio of stable kernel updates this morning that are notable in part for having mitigated the recently disclosed i915 driver security issue affecting Intel "Gen12" graphics from Tigerlake integrated graphics up through the DG2/Alchemist Arc Graphics...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

...and this is why we need Open Hardware. I'm assuming this was found by a University PhD student with chemicals and a microscope? What chance do we have to handle security issues in an ecosystem this complicated with so many sealed boxes?

Comment

I actually believe this one was a software bug (for once!) and not a hardware one.
      But still...

Comment

Working...
      X