Intel Arc Graphics A750/A770 Performance Ahead Of Linux 6.2 + Mesa 23.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    I didn't realize that. I've only seriously considered the 6600 XT and up. I never looked into the 6500 XT's any deeper than a few benchmarks showing them pretty even to faster than an 8GB RX 580 when they weren't VRAM constrained and thought, "those would be pretty nice for gaming on a budget if they had more VRAM".
    i would not even waste money on a 8gb vram card... honestly do not buy a 6600....

all the articles and youtube videos and so one i watched the result is always the same 8gb is not enough.

even if a game fits inside the 8gb vram as soon as you enable raytracing (please do not remind me about the fact that for most hardware and most games raytracing makes no sense because it is not playable.)
    as soon as you enable this the 8gb vram is not enough.

the minimum vram is something like a 6700 with 12gb vram... and even a 6800(non XT) with 16gb vram is even better.

there is a reason why the 7900XTX has 24gb vram thats because in my point of view you really need it.

more vram is even more in need than raytracing because in future games you can turn of raytracing but it is for sure that you need more VRAM....

low vram gpu hardware is the main reason why Obsolescence hit you then you buy new card even if the old one is good enough and even fast enough but then you buy new because you need 4-8gb more vram.

Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post

i would not even waste money on a 8gb vram card... honestly do not buy a 6600....

all the articles and youtube videos and so one i watched the result is always the same 8gb is not enough.

even if a game fits inside the 8gb vram as soon as you enable raytracing (please do not remind me about the fact that for most hardware and most games raytracing makes no sense because it is not playable.)
      as soon as you enable this the 8gb vram is not enough.

the minimum vram is something like a 6700 with 12gb vram... and even a 6800(non XT) with 16gb vram is even better.

there is a reason why the 7900XTX has 24gb vram thats because in my point of view you really need it.

more vram is even more in need than raytracing because in future games you can turn of raytracing but it is for sure that you need more VRAM....

low vram gpu hardware is the main reason why Obsolescence hit you then you buy new card even if the old one is good enough and even fast enough but then you buy new because you need 4-8gb more vram.
      Totally agree, though, for me anyways, ray tracing isn't worth the hit...well, probably won't be worth the hit...RT is definitely not worth the hit on my 4GB RX 580 and it probably won't be on my next GPU. My future card is going to be the 6700 XT. Guess what's under the Christmas tree thanks to a sale in the middle of November?

Anything better than that costs too much for me to even consider. Honestly, until this year, over $300 for a GPU was too much for me to consider. It still is, but, if we're being frank, thanks to inflation most everything under $300 is utter shit these days and not worth it for quality graphics at 1080p/2K that will be upscaled to 4K.

The 6700 is only 10GB. The XT version is 12GB.

What's crazy is that, right now, the 6700 and 6600 XT cost the same at $330. The 6700 XT is only $30 more. This is the best time to buy a GPU since COVID began.

It's funny. For the most part my 4GB RX 580 is still good enough to play most games at 1080p medium-high upscaled to 4K. Not necessarily high quality, but acceptable and better than console. Every single time it isn't good enough I'm out of vram...and the fans sound like a hyperdrive spooling up...

Comment

Totally agree, though, for me anyways, ray tracing isn't worth the hit...well, probably won't be worth the hit...RT is definitely not worth the hit on my 4GB RX 580 and it probably won't be on my next GPU.

please read what i wrote: "(please do not remind me about the fact that for most hardware and most games raytracing makes no sense because it is not playable.)"

my argument is not advertisement for pointless ray-tracing.

my argument is advertisment for more vram.

My future card is going to be the 6700 XT. Guess what's under the Christmas tree thanks to a sale in the middle of November?

very good. i never did read any arcticle or whatever source who pointed out that 12gb vram is not enough.
        right now 12gb vram is the complete sweet spot.

Anything better than that costs too much for me to even consider. Honestly, until this year, over $300 for a GPU was too much for me to consider. It still is, but, if we're being frank, thanks to inflation most everything under $300 is utter shit these days and not worth it for quality graphics at 1080p/2K that will be upscaled to 4K.
        The 6700 is only 10GB. The XT version is 12GB.
        well thank you did not know that... i would buy the XT version with 12gb vram...

What's crazy is that, right now, the 6700 and 6600 XT cost the same at $330. The 6700 XT is only $30 more. This is the best time to buy a GPU since COVID began.
        It's funny. For the most part my 4GB RX 580 is still good enough to play most games at 1080p medium-high upscaled to 4K. Not necessarily high quality, but acceptable and better than console. Every single time it isn't good enough I'm out of vram...and the fans sound like a hyperdrive spooling up...
        yes right the market is complete crazy right now... and 6700 vs 6600xt vs 6700xt of course i would buy the 6700xt.
        but soon the market will become much more crazy with the 7900xtx release... prices will go down hard.

"Every single time it isn't good enough I'm out of vram"

right i told you vram is the reason for obsolecense NR1...

RX580 is no longer good and the reason people report and i read are 2 parts:

ROCm/HIP support needs vega64 or better and RX580 is out of support time.

second and the more destructive is because RX580 is out of support time the RX580 does no longer have the relevant Vulkan extensions for steam/Proton... means even if your 580 hardware would be good enough the game will no longer run the game no longer even start....

thats hardcore planed obsolescence. and the joke is this only hits linux/vulkan users because most game run on DirectX12 just fine.

so it is highly recomended to switch from 580 to a vega64 or 6600xt or 6700 or 6700xt.
        Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

I have an RX 5700 XT in my host, and I wanted to get something a little better performing, but more affordable than a Radeon RX 7900. I looked long and hard at the A770, but the performance just isn't there to justify an "upgrade" from the 5700 XT. Sure, the Intel is going to get better, that's pretty much inevitable, but I'm shopping for a card that's good now, not one that will get good someday.

Sorry Intel. Do it again, and lets see. If these had showed up when planned, at the prices they are at, I'd probably be running one.

Comment

Hey Michael!

Thanks for all your benchmarks.
            I think it could be good to include some OpenGL vs Vulkan comparisons for these cards! At least on the current mesa it seems like Iris (opengl) is performing much better than ANV (vulkan).

I just got 50% improvement in framerates in some of my games by translating directx to opengl instead of vulkan with PROTON_USE_WINED3D=1 %command%​

Comment

Working...
            X