Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTA V in Michael linux tests

Comment

Michael article says date is 18 of November.

Comment

Originally posted by abu_shawarib View Post
        Michael article says date is 18 of November.
        Whoops, fixed. Thanks.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

It's a shame the A770 is within spitting distance of the 3070 (and some 3070Ti cards!) in pricing terms in Japan, and actually more expensive than a 6700XT... I could get a 6800 for effectively the same money (it's about 5% more...)

I really want one of these to play with, with oneAPI, but here it needs to drop in price about 30% before it's even worth thinking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
            It's a shame the A770 is within spitting distance of the 3070 (and some 3070Ti cards!) in pricing terms in Japan, and actually more expensive than a 6700XT... I could get a 6800 for effectively the same money (it's about 5% more...)

I really want one of these to play with, with oneAPI, but here it needs to drop in price about 30% before it's even worth thinking about.
            Which is crazy because here in the US it is $10 less than the cheapest 6700 XT I can find; $349 for the A770 and $359 for the 6700 XT. Granted, the 6700 XT has dropped down to $359 from the $400-$500 range during November. I even saw a 6750 XT going for $389 earlier today.

I wonder how much it'd cost me to ship a US bought A770 to Japan.

Comment

For me on Nobara the A770 works quite well in GTA V, better than expected as long as you don't enable MSAA which tanks fps.
              GE-Proton is needed for the first setup of Rockstar Social Club I believe.
              It's also one of the games that's worth trying with AMDVLK for a more stable experience.

Comment

If nothing more it gives Intel a good test run to improve the HW and Drivers for their next cards.

You should also test out AV1 encoding performance as I've heard that is really where these cards shine.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                  Which is crazy because here in the US it is $10 less than the cheapest 6700 XT I can find; $349 for the A770 and $359 for the 6700 XT. Granted, the 6700 XT has dropped down to $359 from the $400-$500 range during November. I even saw a 6750 XT going for $389 earlier today.

I wonder how much it'd cost me to ship a US bought A770 to Japan.
                  That's a very kind offer. I don't know exactly what it would cost but it'd probably be enough to make it not really worth it as the cards are probably pretty heavy and big when all wrapped up safely for international mail...

Prices in Japan can vary wildly. Some things you really don't expect to be cheap are really, really cheap and other things cost insane amounts for no apparent reason... even before SARS-CoV2 and Ukraine and inflation and...

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                    It sucks that they don't make more 8GB 6500 XTs. That'd be a great card for a budget gamer since it'd have the performance of an RX 580 with 33% less power usage.
                    that is not a decision by AMD the 6500 only has a 64bit ram interface and there are only 2GB or 4gb possible with that.

the 6600xt has a 128bit interface with thaƧ its 8gb possible.

Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post

that is not a decision by AMD the 6500 only has a 64bit ram interface and there are only 2GB or 4gb possible with that.

the 6600xt has a 128bit interface with thaƧ its 8gb possible.
                      I didn't realize that. I've only seriously considered the 6600 XT and up. I never looked into the 6500 XT's any deeper than a few benchmarks showing them pretty even to faster than an 8GB RX 580 when they weren't VRAM constrained and thought, "those would be pretty nice for gaming on a budget if they had more VRAM".

Comment

Working...
                      X