No announcement yet.

Intel Arc Graphics A770 Launching 12 October For $329 USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I presume this pricing is for the United States. In that case, it is relevant to know that in that region current alternatives may be had from Newegg for:

RX 6600 - $250 ($10 less with only 2 video outs)

RX 6000 XT or 6650XT - $300

RX 6700 - $370

RX 6700 XT - $410

RTX 3060 - $325

RTX 3060ti - $430

Comment

Overclocking the A770 looks a bit fun: https://youtu.be/DC9dXR9eYj8

Comment

Originally posted by Teggs View Post
        I presume this pricing is for the United States. In that case, it is relevant to know that in that region current alternatives may be had from Newegg for:

RX 6600 - $250 ($10 less with only 2 video outs)

RX 6000 XT or 6650XT - $300

RX 6700 - $370

RX 6700 XT - $410

RTX 3060 - $325

RTX 3060ti - $430
        It will be interesting to see where street pricing ends up for the A770. But I did want to make a note or two about the pricing you listed above. That RTX 3060 price is for open box. The cheapest new 3060 on Newegg is $362 which is still over it's launch MSRP. 6650XT for $300 requires a $20 rebate you may or may not get. 6700 XT requires a rebate, etc. Maybe so few of these A770s make it to market that they won't even be available at MSRP. Or maybe enough will make it to retailers and the drivers will be so bad that folks can scoop them up under MSRP shortly after launch.

Comment

Seems like a great gpu. I am definitely interested in it. Especially with intel mesa drivers maturing. I am done supporting a greedy duopoly.

Comment

Funny as heck reading these posts...

Can pretty much guarantee, most running Linux whom are long time users of nVidia cards are going to jump (nVidia's) ship for Intel. I for being one of them.

Find it really odd EVGA, as supposedly as successful as EVGA is, is supposedly exiting the GPU market. Maybe just more hype? Similar to the hype about Intel failing the discrete GPU market? What would be even funnier, if EVGA is just dumping nVidia for Intel GPU's. Shrugs... I think the pinwheels are starting to spin ...

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post
              And I'm telling you I get between 55-65 FPS with "HIGH" settings at an average of 58 FPS @ 1440p. I don't care about your opinion or assumptions.
              I have no idea how you're getting these numbers on high settings 1440p. According to this and other benchmark videos, 5500xt performs much worse. Maybe you have FSR enabled?
              Last edited by user1; 28 September 2022, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brad0 View Post

It amazes me how deluded people are.
                It amazes me how people think that the gfxcard market is still like 2005.
                Anything(!) which might give a liitle more competition into the quasi monopoly of nvidia even if it is on the low end is welcome unless you think nvidia is reasonable priced

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post
                  I just took a look at the benchmarks on Intel's promotion page. It advertises running Cyberpunk 2077 @ just over 60 FPS at a resolution of 1440p for the A770. That's pretty unimpressive really. I can already get that on an AMD 5500XT. Granted that's without ray tracing, which doesn't really add a lot to the experience for the most part. .
                  Which settings? Everything on Ultra can even let a 5700XT dip quite frequently below 50 fps @1080p (obviously RT off) e.g. driving a Caiburn outside view racing through citycenter during sun dawn.

Comment

Will it support hw acceleration for virtual machines? If so I'm going to buy one.
                    ## VGA ##
                    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

If Intel is already considering cancelling this GPU endeavour, I'm not going to buy something that will have support ended in a year.

Comment

Working...
                      X