Intel Begins Working On Linux Support For Data Streaming Accelerator 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Begins Working On Linux Support For Data Streaming Accelerator 2.0

Phoronix: Intel Begins Working On Linux Support For Data Streaming Accelerator 2.0

Back in 2019 is when Intel first detailed the Data Streaming Accelerator "DSA" and began working on the Linux enablement patches. The Intel DSA is designed to help accelerate streaming and transformation operations for storage, networking, and persistent memory. Finally the DSA is coming to market by way of being found within forthcoming Xeon Scalable "Sapphire Rapids" processors while the DSA 2.0 accelerator is already in the works for future processors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I just noticed the 2.0 DSA spec pdf, 341204-004US​, from last Sept. but it isn't clear to me what has been added.

I recall the delta records in at least an early version of 1.0. Did that make it into SPR?.

The inter-domain operations, described in 8.3.20 Inter-Domain Operations​ include cache flush. I don't see CXL mentioned, but I see another reference below to accelerator devices. So, is DSA going to be the controller for maintaining CXL accelerator coherency?

"Data movement between peer devices:May be used for data movement between a peer accelerator
    device and host memory or between two peer devices to free up CPU cycles from such infrastructure
    work.​"

Comment

Working...
    X