Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel NIR I/O Vectorization Ported From The AMD ACO Back-End - ~10% Performance Boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ddriver View Post
    Same old intel, does everything it can to prevent amd from doing their own contributions or god forbid, port intel contributions to benefit amd systems, but has no problem to borrow amd contributions to benefit intel systems... abhorrent...
    Good grief, this comment is embarrassing on multiple levels.

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

Last time I check ACO its a paid job from Valve, not a community effort, the devs are paid for that they simply maintain the code open nothing more
      It's still community work right? .
      The fact that Valve sponsors them doesn't change that?
      I.e. it's still devs outside of AMD.

Comment

Does this commit also affect the older i965 driver?

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
          I'm sorry, your point must have missed me.

Comment

Originally posted by arokh View Post

I'm sorry, your point must have missed me.
            You were talking about people being friendlier with 20 year old+technology...and not counting IRC, that's about how long it has been since I've used an actual chat room. And dammit if the phrase "I remember" doesn't trigger "Pepperidge Farm Remembers".

A/S/L

How you doin?

Comment

Originally posted by humbug View Post
              It's still community work right?
              If you count companies like Valve, Intel, AMD into community you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckPoltergeist View Post
                If you count companies like Valve, Intel, AMD into community you're right.
                i think in videodriver space intel and amd are vendors, while valve is community member

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                  i think in videodriver space intel and amd are vendors, while valve is community member
                  How do you distinguish between those two? Intel and AMD are producing hardware, so they are vendors? Valve is producing software, so it's a community member? So Red Hat and VMware are community members? Doesn't really make sense to me. AMD is interested in good drivers for selling hardware. Valve is interested in good drivers because they want to sell their software. They're both vendors in different areas.

Comment

How do you distinguish between those two? Intel and AMD are producing hardware, so they are vendors? Valve is producing software, so it's a community member? So Red Hat and VMware are community members? Doesn't really make sense to me. AMD is interested in good drivers for selling hardware. Valve is interested in good drivers because they want to sell their software. They're both vendors in different areas.
                    Though, Valve doesn't need to care about Linux,... Valve won't benefit from contribution. Majority of game studios still deliver DirectX-only and Windows-only games. Therefore, majority of gamers are using Windows anyway. Steam is just content (game) delivery platform, which works anyway. Performance of games doesn't really matter for Valve, as it's Linux's fault.

Only reason why would Valve need it, is SteamOS and their dream of having their own SteamOS based console(s). However, Sony PS and MS Xbox already cover market nicely, and have got games optimized for controllers (not for keyboard and mouse). And, also Nintendo Switch covers nicely marked of dock/handheld convertible gaming console. I'm personally user of Nintendo Switch, and ability to go handheld (when TV is occupied, or I want to lie in bed and game,... ) is just great.

So, I think,... SteamOS, and Steam consoles, don't really matter, anymore/still. Maybe, trying to get into Linux market, where potential customers are developers/professionals using Linux, and want to play occasionally.

Comment

How do you distinguish between those two? Intel and AMD are producing hardware, so they are vendors? Valve is producing software, so it's a community member? So Red Hat and VMware are community members? Doesn't really make sense to me.
                      AMD is interested in good drivers for selling hardware. Valve is interested in good drivers because they want to sell their software. They're both vendors in different areas.
                      valve can sell their software to users with intel videocard, it's much harder for amd to sell their videocard without drivers(though novideo manages to sell to nvidiots)

Comment

Working...
                      X