Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Linux Defined Linux Performance These Past Few Years

Phoronix: Clear Linux Defined Linux Performance These Past Few Years

With our various ending-2019 and end-of-2010s articles, the standout on the Linux performance front has certainly been Intel's Clear Linux in consistently delivering the leading Linux x86_64 performance throughout all of our testing on many different tests and hardware platforms. Here's a look back at some of the Clear Linux highlights...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ar-Linux-2010s

Impressive post. Thanks.

Comment

Testing a couple of days ago revealed some stability issues on my Ryzen system and compiling a custom kernel failed, too. So there are still some rough edges to iron out for them. At least the installer did a better job now than last time I tried it (it had issues with recognizing my NVMe SSD). Also, it seems they missed their deadline for providing third party repositories?! If I remember correctly they wanted to roll it out until the end of the year. Not getting a VAAPI enabled Chromium build is a dealbreaker for me. Apart from these issues I liked it pretty much.

EDIT: I could workaround the kernel build issue, the build process is picky about certain kernel config settings which it assumes to be set.
      Last edited by ms178; 01-04-2020, 09:17 AM.

Comment

I'm in love with ClearLinux. It is getting better and better. For research (data science, machine learning, etc), it is a great distro. Heck, I'm even running Witcher 3 with Steam under it. It is amazingly fast.

Comment

Im also testing it since a few days on my productive system (intel coffeelake, intel nvme, quadro) - so far very nice indeed and blazing fast as expected. Only con but it was also difficult with other distros as well Nvida Prime / Optimus is not really working.

Steam and lutris was a no brainer. Almost easier as on Ubuntu (same machine).
          Last edited by CochainComplex; 01-03-2020, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X