Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear Linux Defined Linux Performance These Past Few Years

Phoronix: Clear Linux Defined Linux Performance These Past Few Years

With our various ending-2019 and end-of-2010s articles, the standout on the Linux performance front has certainly been Intel's Clear Linux in consistently delivering the leading Linux x86_64 performance throughout all of our testing on many different tests and hardware platforms. Here's a look back at some of the Clear Linux highlights...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Impressive post. Thanks.

Comment

Testing a couple of days ago revealed some stability issues on my Ryzen system and compiling a custom kernel failed, too. So there are still some rough edges to iron out for them. At least the installer did a better job now than last time I tried it (it had issues with recognizing my NVMe SSD). Also, it seems they missed their deadline for providing third party repositories?! If I remember correctly they wanted to roll it out until the end of the year. Not getting a VAAPI enabled Chromium build is a dealbreaker for me. Apart from these issues I liked it pretty much.

EDIT: I could workaround the kernel build issue, the build process is picky about certain kernel config settings which it assumes to be set.
      Last edited by ms178; 04 January 2020, 09:17 AM.

Comment

I'm in love with ClearLinux. It is getting better and better. For research (data science, machine learning, etc), it is a great distro. Heck, I'm even running Witcher 3 with Steam under it. It is amazingly fast.

Comment

Im also testing it since a few days on my productive system (intel coffeelake, intel nvme, quadro) - so far very nice indeed and blazing fast as expected. Only con but it was also difficult with other distros as well Nvida Prime / Optimus is not really working.

Steam and lutris was a no brainer. Almost easier as on Ubuntu (same machine).
          Last edited by CochainComplex; 03 January 2020, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X