Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel Icelake "Gen11" Graphics Are A Huge Upgrade Over Gen9 With Good Linux Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cip91
    replied
    Originally posted by GraceAsylum View Post
    What is the command to test my system compared to these results? Thanks in advance.
    Should be
    Code:
    [B]phoronix-test-suite benchmark 1910193-HU-CLEARLINU95[/B]
    to compare against non-gallium results. I remember that clicking on the icon that is bottom right of the graphics brought you to the test page but now it brings me on the openbenhcmarking home, so I don't know how to get the correct command.

Leave a comment:

• microcode
    replied
    It's fun realizing that FPS/W is just frames per joule.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by devius View Post
    What happened to Gen10?
    Cannonlake....

Leave a comment:

• devius
    replied
    What happened to Gen10?

Leave a comment:

• royce
    replied
    Michael sometimes you make mistakes when saying "x is y% more performant than z". A % of a number respect to another varies depending on the direction of the comparison.

For instance:
    With the aging OpenArena game for those preferring to re-live some Quake III engine titles, the Icelake experience was more than 60% faster.
    This is not correct. If the base number is 65.83 is compared with 117.46, this is a 78% increase. To be clear, 65.83 is 56.04% of 117.46, whereas 117.46 is 178.43% of 65.83.

Leave a comment:

• intelfx
    replied
    Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    SuperTuxKart is still a bit rough on Intel graphics at 10800p

Leave a comment:

• GraceAsylum
    replied
    What is the command to test my system compared to these results? Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Kayden
    replied
    Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
    Is that i7-1065G7 configured as 15w or 25w in that laptop?
    As far as I know, I believe it's configured as 15W. The Razer Blade Stealth 13 Mercury White is the only ICL laptop I've seen to be configured as 25W. The Razer either comes with a 15W TDP + NVIDIA card or a 25W TDP + Icelake graphics. Toms Hardware had some benchmarks showing the performance difference between the 15W and 25W configurations a while back.

(I could be mistaken, that's just what I've seen while looking at laptops recently.)

Leave a comment:

• dos1
    replied
    It certainly is. If it doesn't go 360, you may just have a broken unit

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by dos1 View Post
    For non 2-in-1, XPS 13 7390 has i3-10110U, i5-10210U, i5-10510U, i7-10710U options for its CPU. There's one more i7 AFAIK in some markets, but it's from the U line as well.

This is the one with G CPUs: https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/2-in...-2-in-1-laptop
    This is the one with U CPUs: https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell...13-7390-laptop

Those are two different laptops.
    Whatever the case, the laptop is unquestionably the Core i7-1065G7 and unless there is a magical way to make it a 2-in-1, the system as I have it and shown in the photos is not a convertible design.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X