Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel UHD Graphics 630 With Gallium3D Yields Roughly Radeon HD 5750 Linux Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mike456
    replied
    On Win10 laptop my 620 is a total mess. Unable to Play all xplane planes etc. The distance clipping is wrong etc.

Leave a comment:

• Ground0
    replied
    In the old Vega 8 & 11 Test from Feb. 2018 they had a lot more power ....
    So the question is why it is not in this list .... Would make more sense for me to compare iGPU with APU's than dedicated Graphiccards.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    I'm slightly curious what the wattage is between those GPUs. Might paint a more interesting picture. I used to have a 5750 and it was a pretty decent GPU for its time, but I remember it also spewed out surprisingly a lot of heat for a mainstream card.

Considering Intel doesn't tend to focus on 3D performance, I'd say these results are actually pretty good, regardless of the 5750 being a decade old.

Leave a comment:

• grigi
    replied
    First thing to note, the UHD 630 has been around for 2 years, so only 10 years behind the top-of-the-line gtx8800 for an iGP is really not that bad.
    It is also half the performance of a UHD 580 which was around 1½ years earlier.
    And uses ⅒ the power.

Its really a lot better than before Broadwell, where the intel iGP was three orders of magnitude slower, and had much lower feature parity.

Leave a comment:

• wizard69
    replied
    Originally posted by b8e5n View Post
    It would be very interesting to see how it performs in comparison to AMD integrated graphics, like 2200G, 2400G. Unfortunately, I think michael does not have any...

This would be nice, I'd especially like to see a Zen 2 review. For a general purpose machine it gets harder and harder to justify a discreet GPU card. I'm not much of a gamer but would love to see some testing with CAD tools. I have to wonder if anybody has seen benchmarking scripts for KiCAD or similar open source software?

Leave a comment:

• baka0815
    replied
    The performance of STK sucks bad!

Leave a comment:

• caligula
    replied
    Originally posted by Raka555 View Post

They can be proud of the performance/Watt compared to the 10 year old card...
    And they dont need a 500W PSU.
    And they don't need water cooling of whatever was needed.
    And the heatsink does not weight 1kg.
    And it does not take up 500x4x10 cm ...

So yeah, well done intel and thanks for supporting Linux.
    Not only that, the ddr4 system memory bus is really crappy compared to 256+ bits wide GDDR.

Leave a comment:

• Raka555
    replied
    Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
    Wow, comparable to a card that's nearly 10 years old - Intel must be proud

Release Date
    Oct 13th, 2009
    They can be proud of the performance/Watt compared to the 10 year old card...
    And they dont need a 500W PSU.
    And they don't need water cooling of whatever was needed.
    And the heatsink does not weight 1kg.
    And it does not take up 500x4x10 cm ...

So yeah, well done intel and thanks for supporting Linux.

Leave a comment:

• yoshi314
    replied
    considering it's their first step in a while, it's not bad at all. i'll wait and see whether they catch up or not.

Leave a comment:

• FireBurn
    replied
    Wow, comparable to a card that's nearly 10 years old - Intel must be proud

Release Date
    Oct 13th, 2009

Leave a comment:

Working...
X