Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel's Shiny Vulkan Overlay Layer Lands In Mesa 19.1 - Provides A HUD With Driver Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's Shiny Vulkan Overlay Layer Lands In Mesa 19.1 - Provides A HUD With Driver Stats

Phoronix: Intel's Shiny Vulkan Overlay Layer Lands In Mesa 19.1 - Provides A HUD With Driver Stats

As some more exciting open-source Intel Linux graphics news this week besides their new merge request to mainline the Iris Gallium3D driver, over in the Vulkan space they have merged today their overlay layer that provides a heads-up display of sorts for their Linux "ANV" driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If it's generic it'd be awesome to have this in RADV as well.
    Though it'd be nicer if we could use the same variable and inputs for both Gallium and this HUD.

Comment

HUD overlays are one of my favorite emerging features for benchmark tracking.

Comment

Nice. Radv should pick up something, since it's a pain to benchmark without it. And this branch didn't see much progress:

Comment

What makes you think the overlay from Intel does not work for radv?

Comment

It indeed works with radv, but currently the font is messed up. Don't know if i somehow screwed the build up or something:

update: this actually seems to be a regression of radv as it works fine with radv 18.3.3 (LLVM7) and is broken with my ~1 week old radv-git (LLVM8). It even works with AMDVLK-PRO :

update2: bugreport: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=109735
            Last edited by Masush5; 21 February 2019, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Ah, got it. Since it's a Vulkan layer, it can be loaded with any Vulkan driver. I'll try it out.
              Last edited by shmerl; 22 February 2019, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Here is result with radv:

Looks like there is no way to show framerate? That's arguably one of the most important stats for benchmarking.

And the font is indeed broken with radv in Mesa master:

Last edited by shmerl; 22 February 2019, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Masush5 View Post
                  It indeed works with radv, but currently the font is messed up.
                  Woops! Should be fixed now. Thanks for the bisect!

Comment

Originally posted by BNieuwenhuizen View Post
                    Woops! Should be fixed now. Thanks for the bisect!
                    Thanks!

It's working now:

I hope framerate will be added as well to the HUD.

Comment

Working...
                    X