Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False alarm

Sorry guys,
    It seems to be a problem with the game (and how it handles the Intel card), nothing to do with the Intel drivers...
    I toggled some config flags of the game in a trial and error fashion, and tfactor_hack=1 (whatever that is) in config.ini seems to do the trick.
    The game now uses a reasonable 171 MB of RAM.

Comment

• compiz + openarena = black screen

Hi, I downloaded the xorg-edgers intel drivers from today (2010-04-23) and proceeded to start compiz and run the phoronix-test-suite openarena benchmark. When I am supposed to get 1024x600 openarena running the test, I get a black screen.
      On the other hand, without compiz, the openarena benchmark runs.

Comment

• Update:
        Hi, I downloaded the xorg-edgers intel drivers from today (2010-04-23) and proceeded to start compiz and run the phoronix-test-suite openarena benchmark. When I am supposed to get 1024x600 openarena running the test, I get a black screen. The computer is utterly unresponsive. I have to resort to pressing the power button since ctrl-alt-del or the ctrl-alt-sysreq-SEKUB sequences do nothing.
        On the other hand, without compiz, the openarena benchmark runs. However, it crashes somewhere in the first test run (not even one complete). The crash also renders the system completely unresponsive. Any ideas?

Comment

• There are all kinds of kinds of problems with compiz on xserver 1.8.x which is in there right now, reporting a bug on bugs.freedesktop.org is your best bet.

Comment

• Do you have got everything backported which is needed to test clarkdale vaapi with h264?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
              Do you have got everything backported which is needed to test clarkdale vaapi with h264?
              Nope, it's not even accepted upstream yet and we follow upstream branches

Comment

• Bad, that's the only thing i would like to test.

Comment

• Hangs temporary with current edgers

Hi,
                  with current xorg-edgers on my eee pc 901,
                  the openarena benchmark hangs last from 1 to 6 seconds but the benchmark never permanently freezes. This is a great improvement.

Comment

• openarena benchmark slow with bloom

Hi,
                    I just ran the openarena benchmark on the eee 901 after updating to today's xorg-edgers drivers. The benchmark gives around 6 fps. It has given 24-27 fps previously. However, if I disable bloom, I get 30 fps. Has the intel driver got bloom support which it did not have before?

Comment

• @Sarvatt

What's the status? Is the full stack available as update which is proposed in the 2010/Q2 Intel updates?

Comment

Working...
                      X