Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Composite regression on today's intel driver

Hi,
    I upgraded to the intel driver from xorg-edgers today.
    There was a "composite fallback fix" in the changelog.
    After installing the driver, the Ubuntu notifications' text and icon has a transparent background as opposed to shaded with black background like it is supposed to be. There is a distinct edge between the completely transparent text surroundings and the black shaded rounded notification box edges. See screenshot. With a window behind the notifier, it looks extremely messy. If I mouseover the notification, it looks good while faded, but when I move the mouse away, after it unfades, the full transparency around the text and icon comes back.
    Last edited by Vermind; 26 January 2010, 04:36 PM. Reason: Fixed fileupl link.

Comment

• Should be fixed now, in the process of uploading the update now.

Comment

• Fix confirmed

Hi,
        Yes, it's fixed for me now. Thanks!

Comment

• Invalid opcode

Hi,
          I just installed xdriller from the deb on the site

It uses Ogre3D for graphics.
          First off, the game thinks everything is in /usr/share/xdriller, so if you try it, you have to change the paths to point to /usr/share/games/xdriller (resources.cfg, config.cfg in .config/xdriller after first run)

Then, on this intel machine, the game logs something and then my X locks up. Around the end of the log is something like i915_program_error: invalid opcode: IF

Is this a bug?

Comment

• Memory management problem

Hi,
            I installed Vendetta Online on my EEE PC a while ago,
            and the game uses almost 1GB of memory when all textures are loaded. the game often gets killed, I suspect because it tries to allocate too much memory.
            However, on my desktop machine using an nvidia graphics card, the game uses 200 MB with mugh higher settings even, and without texture compression.

What could be the cause of this?

Comment

• Do the latest Intel drivers include Poulsbo (GMA500) support?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vermind View Post
                Hi,
                I installed Vendetta Online on my EEE PC a while ago,
                and the game uses almost 1GB of memory when all textures are loaded. the game often gets killed, I suspect because it tries to allocate too much memory.
                However, on my desktop machine using an nvidia graphics card, the game uses 200 MB with mugh higher settings even, and without texture compression.

What could be the cause of this?
                How big are the textures that are loaded in memory? The Intel IGP uses shared memory, your nvidia doesn't unless it needs it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vermind View Post
                  Hi,
                  I just installed xdriller from the deb on the site

It uses Ogre3D for graphics.
                  First off, the game thinks everything is in /usr/share/xdriller, so if you try it, you have to change the paths to point to /usr/share/games/xdriller (resources.cfg, config.cfg in .config/xdriller after first run)

Then, on this intel machine, the game logs something and then my X locks up. Around the end of the log is something like i915_program_error: invalid opcode: IF

Is this a bug?
                  Anything which causes X to lock up is a bug. That said, I just tried Xdriller so I guess this is already fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by garytr24 View Post
                    How big are the textures that are loaded in memory? The Intel IGP uses shared memory, your nvidia doesn't unless it needs it.
                    There are several texture sizes. I am using 32 MB textures I think; people with cards with 32MB video memory have been able to handle Vendetta ok (with not very high FPS though).

The game's Linux Minimum System Requirements are below:

Glibc 2.2 or better
                    GTK+ 2.0
                    1ghz Pentium III or Athlon processor
                    256MB of RAM
                    3D Hardware Accelerator - Fully OpenGL compatible 32MB videocard with Hardware Transformation & Lighting (T&L), and latest drivers.

Comment

• If the SHR in top is shared memory, then with Vendetta it's using 27MB of that, 800MB of Virt, 700 MB of Res, and then it crashes, with the message "Killed". In the case that the game manages to load without crashing, it's 930MB Virt and 828 MB Res or something around those values.

Comment

Working...
                      X