Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    you're Kompletely Stupid.
    Is this is subtle dig at KDE? LOL if so!

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    It'd be a kick ass workstation CPU.
    Except for the missing ECC memory support, required for any serious workstation use.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
      Is this is subtle dig at KDE? LOL if so!
      Not intentionally. The model lettering is KS and, like Intel with this CPU, I wasn't really trying all that hard, but the K-KDE naming didn't slip past me.

Except for the missing ECC memory support, required for any serious workstation use.
      That did slip past me. And here I was thinking that 2P cores for the OS and 6P+16E cores for the compiler would be a decent setup to have a continuously responsive workstation.

Comment

Originally posted by mrg666 View Post
        I have seen up to 50% performance loss.
        Hence, the ability & recommendation to disable it.

Originally posted by mrg666 View Post
        best undervolt is just high enough vcore to avoid engaging CEP and start losing performance.
        Be warned that some who've experienced these stability problems have reported they got worse over time. So, you might be running the voltage high enough that you still incur some damage that accumulates over time.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
          Hence, the ability & recommendation to disable it.

Be warned that some who've experienced these stability problems have reported they got worse over time. So, you might be running the voltage high enough that you still incur some damage that accumulates over time.
          I agree. I meant undervolt only as much as CEP allows. I am not overvolting. That era is long gone.

Comment

Working...
          X