Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 7995WX Linux Performance Benchmarks

Phoronix: AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 7995WX Linux Performance Benchmarks

The AMD Ryzen Threadripper 7970X/7980X Linux benchmark review shows just how well the new Zen 4 powered HEDT Threadripper processors can perform with up to the 64 core flagship offering. The results were stunning while today the review embargo also expires on the Ryzen Threadripper PRO 7000 series for the professional-catered SKUs that offer up to 96 cores and support up to 8 channel DDR5 system memory. Here are the initial benchmarks of the 96-core AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 7995WX for showing the performance potential of this outright workstation performance monster if your budget allows.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Finally a CPU which will let me game in 8K @ 60 fps

Comment

Performance per watt chart is conspicuously missing.

Comment

LOL This is so fast it beats intel even in all them fancy new "accelerator" tests.

For general performance, amd is currently like a solid lap ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Kjell View Post
          Finally a CPU which will let me game in 8K @ 60 fps
          Now all you need is an 8k monitor and a game that will scale to 8k and you are all set to go.

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post
            Performance per watt chart is conspicuously missing.
            I wonder why...

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

I wonder why...
              Performance per Watt graphs are there on a number of the results... If clicking the openbenchmarking.org link at the end of the article is also all the power data on each and every result/
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ddriver View Post
                LOL This is so fast it beats intel even in all them fancy new "accelerator" tests.

For general performance, amd is currently like a solid lap ahead.
                Yeah, it is hysterical.

Even more hysterical is that you are ignoring that in tests where Intel's accelerators can be used, the power consumption of the Intel offerings and heat generation will be significantly lower.

You are also ignoring the fact that Michael's tests do not come anywhere near to fully exploiting Intel's accelerators.

Intel built those processors to take on IBM's z15/16 family of mainframes, not AMD's Threadrippers and EPYCs.

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
                  Now all you need is an 8k monitor and a game that will scale to 8k and you are all set to go.
                  And 8 times 8k on your bank account to pay for all this.

Comment

It does speak volumes about what Michael has built this site into, in terms of recognition and respectability, that companies like HP are wiling to send him a system like the HP Z6 G5 A. I couldn't find pricing on this system but i have to believe that fully maxed out this thing must come close to the 20 grand region, if not more.

I also find it funny that this system simultaneously pays homage to AMD lovers while slapping them and many Linux users in the face.

It features AMD's latest processors and HP markets it for high end computing and then couples it with Nvidia GPUs and offers either Windows 11 or Ubuntu.

The AMD lovers on this forum will probably have a conniption fit.
                    Last edited by sophisticles; 20 November 2023, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X