Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noctua NH-U14S TR5-SP6 & NH-D9 TR5-SP6 4U Great For Cooling AMD EPYC 8004 "Siena" CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noctua NH-U14S TR5-SP6 & NH-D9 TR5-SP6 4U Great For Cooling AMD EPYC 8004 "Siena" CPUs

Phoronix: Noctua NH-U14S TR5-SP6 & NH-D9 TR5-SP6 4U Great For Cooling AMD EPYC 8004 "Siena" CPUs

Ahead of AMD Ryzen Threadripper 7000 series processors becoming available, Noctua recently introduced the new NH-U14S TR5-SP6 and NH-D9 TR5-SP6 heatsinks. In addition to working with the Threadripper 7000 series, these CPUs fit as well for Socket SP6 introduced with the new AMD EPYC 8004 "Siena" processors. Here is a look at the cooling performance of these new Noctua TR5-SP6 heatsinks on AMD EPYC.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I have a NH-U14S TR5-SP6 awaiting the rest of the components for my TR 7000 build. The prior-generation NH-U14S TR4-SP3 in my current workstation cools the TR 2950X well enough that I rarely hear it, and the CPU rarely exceeds the low 60s °C in a Fractal Torrent Compact.

Comment

Using NH-D15 for my 5950X.. It's running very cool. Even at max load, it doesn't make much noise at all.

Comment

Anyone knows a cpu fan that can be used in threadripper pro that blows to rear instead of up?.

Thank you!.

Comment

Shouldn't need anything different. All the new Threadripper boards have the socket oriented the same as the server motherboards for standard front to back airflow.
          The Noctua coolers will work fine with good front to back orientation.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Myers View Post
            Shouldn't need anything different. All the new Threadripper boards have the socket oriented the same as the server motherboards for standard front to back airflow.
            The Noctua coolers will work fine with good front to back orientation.
            Thank you for your answer Keith, but my asus wrx80e-sage it's not oriented like standard front to back airflow...

Comment

I said the 'new' Threadripper boards. The ones for the latest Threadripper 7000/8000 variants using Zen 4 arch.

Comment

The new TR boards so far all rotate the socket 90 degrees from what my 2950X has. The NU-U14S TR5-SP6 will exhaust upwards in a tower case, not towards the back. As a result, I will not be re-using my Torrent Compact, which has no top exhaust capability.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Myers View Post
                  I said the 'new' Threadripper boards. The ones for the latest Threadripper 7000/8000 variants using Zen 4 arch.
                  My motherboard:

ASUS Workstation motherboards are designed for professionals in AI training, deep learning, animation, or 3D rendering. Featuring expandable graphics, storage, impressive connectivity and reliability, Pro Workstation motherboards are the ideal solution for creative professionals and IT administrators.

The new one:

ASUS Workstation motherboards are designed for professionals in AI training, deep learning, animation, or 3D rendering. Featuring expandable graphics, storage, impressive connectivity and reliability, Pro Workstation motherboards are the ideal solution for creative professionals and IT administrators.

I can't see any rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by TurBo_biT View Post
                    I can't see any rotation.
                    I believe the The NU-U14S TR5-SP6 will exhaust upwards (in most desktop cases) with both of those motherboards. Its airflow is perpendicular to the long axis of the chip.

Comment

Working...
                    X