Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noctua NH-U14S TR5-SP6 & NH-D9 TR5-SP6 4U Great For Cooling AMD EPYC 8004 "Siena" CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TurBo_biT
    replied
    Originally posted by Keith Myers View Post
    Don't select that model. Select the server model made for 4U chassis. The airflow is front to back.
    https://noctua.at/en/nh-d9-tr5-sp6-4u
    Thank you so much!.

Leave a comment:

• Keith Myers
    replied
    Don't select that model. Select the server model made for 4U chassis. The airflow is front to back.
    The NH-D9 TR5-SP6 4U is a 92mm size premium quality quiet CPU cooler for workstations and servers based on AMD Threadripper and Epyc processors that utilise sTR5/SP6 sockets. Built on the proven basis of the DX model with its dual tower heatsink and full-cover contact surface, the TR5-SP6 revision employs two of Noctua’s award-winning, PWM controlled NF-A9 92mm fans in their higher speed variant in order to achieve strong performance and superb acoustics. The NH-D9’s direction of airflow is parallel to the long axis of the socket, so it is ideal for builds where the hot air is exhausted this way. Topped off with the pre-applied NT-H2 thermal compound as well as the professional SecuFirm2™ mounting system for sTR5/SP6 that has been updated to meet the platform’s increased pressure specifications, the NH-D9 TR5-SP6 4U forms a complete premium quality package for quietly cooling sTR5-based Threadripper workstations and SP6-based Epyc servers in 4U cases.

Leave a comment:

• sharpjs
    replied
    Originally posted by TurBo_biT View Post
    I can't see any rotation.
    I believe the The NU-U14S TR5-SP6 will exhaust upwards (in most desktop cases) with both of those motherboards. Its airflow is perpendicular to the long axis of the chip.

Leave a comment:

• TurBo_biT
    replied
    I said the 'new' Threadripper boards. The ones for the latest Threadripper 7000/8000 variants using Zen 4 arch.
    My motherboard:

ASUS Workstation motherboards are designed for professionals in AI training, deep learning, animation, or 3D rendering. Featuring expandable graphics, storage, impressive connectivity and reliability, Pro Workstation motherboards are the ideal solution for creative professionals and IT administrators.

The new one:

ASUS Workstation motherboards are designed for professionals in AI training, deep learning, animation, or 3D rendering. Featuring expandable graphics, storage, impressive connectivity and reliability, Pro Workstation motherboards are the ideal solution for creative professionals and IT administrators.

I can't see any rotation.

Leave a comment:

• sharpjs
    replied
    The new TR boards so far all rotate the socket 90 degrees from what my 2950X has. The NU-U14S TR5-SP6 will exhaust upwards in a tower case, not towards the back. As a result, I will not be re-using my Torrent Compact, which has no top exhaust capability.

Leave a comment:

• Keith Myers
    replied
    I said the 'new' Threadripper boards. The ones for the latest Threadripper 7000/8000 variants using Zen 4 arch.

Leave a comment:

• TurBo_biT
    replied
    Shouldn't need anything different. All the new Threadripper boards have the socket oriented the same as the server motherboards for standard front to back airflow.
    The Noctua coolers will work fine with good front to back orientation.
    Thank you for your answer Keith, but my asus wrx80e-sage it's not oriented like standard front to back airflow...

Leave a comment:

• Keith Myers
    replied
    Shouldn't need anything different. All the new Threadripper boards have the socket oriented the same as the server motherboards for standard front to back airflow.
    The Noctua coolers will work fine with good front to back orientation.

Leave a comment:

• TurBo_biT
    replied
    Anyone knows a cpu fan that can be used in threadripper pro that blows to rear instead of up?.

Thank you!.

Leave a comment:

• Kjell
    replied
    Using NH-D15 for my 5950X.. It's running very cool. Even at max load, it doesn't make much noise at all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X