AMD Wants To Know If You'd Like Ryzen AI Support On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
    Because it violates the Laws of Physics?
    I am not going to include links because as you know that causes a post to go into moderation and can take days to clear, but just google how coal is made, it takes millions of years for coal to be produced naturally.
    Also google how solar panels are made, i have already linked to a good article, but do your own research.
    You need massive amounts of sand, which you then need to "cook" over high carbon coal in order to strip the oxygen.
    If you don't understand the science that's fine, I don't expect everyone to understand Physics and Chemistry but at least under stand the business end of things
    As i pointed out, Exxon spent about 116 billion dollars over a 4 year time frame to acquire crude oil, the profits were 55 billion during that time frame.
    If Exxon could just stand outside with some solar panels, collect all the energy it needs and save that 16 billion dollars don't you think they would have done it?
    Solar panels have existed since at least the 1960's and yet they have not made any significant dent in our energy consumption and it's not because of "evil, greedy companies that don't care about the environment", it's because they employ a lot of Physicists and Chemists and they understand the limitations of so-called "green energy" sources.
    you are clearly insane becuase it does not violates the Laws of Physics to just use your organic gardening waste to heat it up until it becomes coal.
    its a very well known process basically it is your campfire in the garden with wood then you put out the glowing coals​ of cour camp fire put it into water to stop the burning and then you dry it on air... result is very clean coal.

humans do this for 1000 of years: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charcoal_burner

so stop talk bullshit the need for coal from coal-mines are "zero" because all the coal you need to make photovoltaric power plants can be made by organic wastes and classic Charcoal burner processes.

just think about this: many houses use wood to heat their water and heat the house in generall if you do this with photovoltaric solar power plant then less and less wood from the forest is burned all the wood you save can be used by charcoal burners who then produce clean coal.

and also the coal made by this is cleaner and more pure than natural coal...
    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

• Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
      Because it violates the Laws of Physics?
      Sure, you can use charcoal made from harvested trees. This basically makes it carbon-neutral, because it came from the air that it's going back into. The main issue is that it's probably less efficient than using mined coal (i.e. higher energy inputs are probably needed to cut the trees and make charcoal than to mine coal from the ground).

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
      I am not going to include links because as you know that causes a post to go into moderation and can take days to clear,
      I doubt I've ever had a post withheld for including one link. Lately, I've even gotten away with including 2 or maybe even 3 links.

​but just google how coal is made, it takes millions of years for coal to be produced naturally.
      It takes even longer for diamonds to form, but they can make those in a lab, within a month or less.

​​I don't expect everyone to understand Physics and Chemistry
      I think it's funny how you act like such a bigshot professor-type, yet I've never seen you actually do the math to support any of the claims you've made.

If Exxon could just stand outside with some solar panels, collect all the energy it needs and save that 16 billion dollars don't you think they would have done it?
      Obviously, the problem is all of the infrastructure that's currently built to support fossil fuels. They have a good business model and changing it would take lots of investment in infrastructure & other things, yet not pay off for a long time. Meanwhile, their investors want dividends now.

Solar panels have existed since at least the 1960's
      Those had horrible efficiency and were very expensive. Unlike today's, you could never recoup the cost of purchasing and installing them. Plus, fossil fuels were cheaper back then.

Cost-effective solar is a relatively recent development.
      Last edited by coder; 31 October 2023, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroicPenguin

you have no business engaging in any debate on linux forum.
        go back to wimblows forum to be among those who have various mental diagnosis, where you belong
        Be honest, what is your other login name?

You seem to have made it your mission to go to threads I have posted in and just post some silly "insult" directed at me.

I am flattered that someone would go through the trouble, as is evident by the few posts you have and that pompous screen name.

If you feel like posting a rebuttal to anything I have said, by all means, do.

Comment

• I got F@H running and I have to admit CoreCtrl with the compute profile is sweet.
          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
          Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Working...
          X