No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi 5 Benchmarks: Significantly Better Performance, Improved I/O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still no VP9 and AV1, so disappointing.

Comment

• A more in-depth review:

Surprise! Raspberry Pi 5 is coming in 2023. This video highlights everything new in Pi 5.Find out more about Raspberry Pi 5: https://www.raspberrypi.com/prod...

You're welcome

Comment

• Originally posted by spykes View Post
        Most others SBC having the NVME on the board are unusable per se anyway, if you don't use a hat with it.
        What.the.f*ck?! Really?

Comment

• Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
          Michael Also worth pointing out that the current base model Orange Pi5 is literally twice the price of the base Raspberry Pi 5.
          No. Just $6 cheaper (excludig tax): https://www.aliexpress.com/store/gro...004098085.html
          Last edited by t.s.; 28 September 2023, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• t.s. ... Just can't help swearing can you .

biggest problem is lack of nvme
            I am one of those that don't see that as a problem as there are USB 3.0 ports for any attached storage you may need. Works for me. For those that 'think' they need nvme, there is a hat coming just for you . After all this isn't meant to be a world class top of the line workstation SBC for $80.... If you need that, there is the AMD Epyc line of CPUs and motherboards to give you that ... at a much higher price point .

Have a RPI-5 8GB pre-ordered. Can't wait to kick its wheels.
            Last edited by rclark; 28 September 2023, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post
              there are no solid rpi4/5 competitos, the lichee pi 4a gets close, but thats more fighting the rk3588s class hardware when it comes to price. so I still think we need a solid rpi4/5 competitor with the price, then we will start to see more adoption.
              We have OrangePi5 with almost same specs with RPi5 for just +$6. Is it not a solid RPi5 competitor?

Comment

• Originally posted by rclark View Post
                t.s. ... Just can't help swearing can you .

I am one of those that don't see that as a problem as there are USB 3.0 ports for any attached storage you may need. Works for me. For those that 'think' they need nvme, there is a hat coming just for you . After all this isn't meant to be a world class top of the line workstation SBC for $80.... If you need that, there is the AMD Epyc line of CPUs and motherboards to give you that ... at a much higher price point .

Have a RPI-5 8GB pre-ordered. Can't wait to kick its wheels.
                Sorry for the swearing. Just replying to spykes that swearing too. I think it's a things now plus for +10 chars.

I've used RPi4 with external HDD/SSD before, and it's not pretty. Why not design something like RockPi5 or OrangePi5 that have m.2 slot (and eMMC slot), and we could have a compact-minus-cables for peripherals like SSD/wifi? And those board didn't need a hat for that. And if you go OrangePi5 route, it can be had with just $6 more. You can check above aliexpress link.

Have fun with your RPi5. It's indeed one of the fine board.

Comment

• Originally posted by t.s. View Post

Sorry for the swearing. Just replying to spykes that swearing too. I think it's a things now plus for +10 chars.

I've used RPi4 with external HDD/SSD before, and it's not pretty. Why not design something like RockPi5 or OrangePi5 that have m.2 slot (and eMMC slot), and we could have a compact-minus-cables for peripherals like SSD/wifi? And those board didn't need a hat for that. And if you go OrangePi5 route, it can be had with just $6 more. You can check above aliexpress link.
                  What about the GPU driver for the Rockchip SoC ? Does it have a proper Mesa driver ?
                  The last time I checked RPI still has a better software support.

Comment

• How does the Raspberry Pi 5 compare to the ODROID N2+ with its Hexacore CPU?

Comment

• Originally posted by t.s. View Post
                      We have OrangePi5 with almost same specs with RPi5 for just +$6. Is it not a solid RPi5 competitor?
                      orange pi 5 is arm my friend, not riscv. im talking explicitly about riscv competitors to popular arm equivalents, the closest I can think of is the lichee pi 4a which is around 110usd iirc

Comment

Working...
                      X