AMD CPU Use Among Linux Gamers Approaching 70% Marketshare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Saying you won't exclude isn't the same as saying you will include. One makes you look good and the other is actually doing good. It's a not so subtle difference.
    Right but this kind of reasoning is a reduction fallacy. The claim is not that AMD doesn't encourage competing upscaling solutions (no one is claiming or even expecting that), its that AMD is explicitly forbidding competing upscale solutions (i.e. as part of sponsorship contracts etc etc). As I showed before, AMD was explicitly asked this very specific question multiple times and they evaded the question every time, where as NVidia said "we definitely do not do this".

Furthermore NVidia actually released a tool that allows game devs to easily add upscalers, and not only does it support DLSS but also XESS. They asked AMD if they wanted to add support for FSR to that tool and AMD refused.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post
      Speaking of the devil, regarding the whole DLSS vs FSR hardware unboxed just made a great video going over the entire situation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Lcjq2Zc_s

Conclusion: Very likely that for certain titles AMD is blocking DLSS. Also Boundary was the game that removed DLSS after launch, Starfield is just a latest example of another game that refused to add DLSS support.
      Watched the video

The entire thing is FUD, no evidence whatsoever, no real facts. Mostly based on AMD response to GN: "No comment"

Just another clickbait video. Nvidia Unboxed at it as usual

Comment

• Originally posted by LeJimster View Post

Indeed, I've been all in on AMD hardware since I switched to Linux full time. The improvements on the open source gpu drivers has kept me with them all this time. I haven't had a nvidia card in nearly 20 years and would consider them if they open up on the Linux side of things, but until that day I stick with AMD unless Intel produce something amazing in the next 12 months.
        I'm fine with NVIDIA, very few games don't run smooth as silk, if they don't it's most likely a limitation of a particular game engine, i.e. X-Ray Engine, well known stuff. Outer Worlds lol! If a game is well known to stutter hmmm for example the likes of different versions of Unreal Engine, a game better damn sure have some redeemable qualities about it for me to continue playing it, the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games are worth putting up with. The Callisto Protocol? I beat it and uninstalled it, can't believe the deep pockets and budget for that and it still has bad performance on the highest end hardware, very disappointing game anyway.

I don't get hung up on the AMD VS NVIDIA stuff, I just don't care, take your pick, you will be putting up with either one of them no matter what.
        Last edited by creative; 04 July 2023, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grinness View Post

Watched the video

The entire thing is FUD, no evidence whatsoever, no real facts. Mostly based on AMD response to GN: "No comment"

Just another clickbait video. Nvidia Unboxed at it as usual
          Go home AMD shill, the fact that you call the channel NVidia unboxed means you have zero f**ken clue what you are talking about.

Comment

Go home AMD shill, the fact that you call the channel NVidia unboxed means you have zero f**ken clue what you are talking about.
            wow, touched eh?

I know exactly what I am talking about, I have watched many of their videos -- but not only theirs.
            I have used all sort of hardware -- from the commodore VIC 20 to HPC servers, GPU clusters etc. I knows exactly the difference between products and offerings of manufacturers, including commercial practices. I may not agree with some, but I understand the logic and the merit.

BTW, I need to go nowhere: I am at home already.

Go to bed kid

Comment

I know exactly what I am talking about, I have watched many of their videos -- but not only theirs.
              Maybe you should watch videos while not smoking the good stuff, I guess calling a channel that has completely trashed/ridiculed the last 2 NVidia generations of cards as "NVidia unboxed" is some definition of humour.

Originally posted by Grinness View Post
              I have used all sort of hardware -- from the commodore VIC 20 to HPC servers, GPU clusters etc. I knows exactly the difference between products and offerings of manufacturers, including commercial practices. I may not agree with some, but I understand the logic and the merit.
              Cool story bro, tell someone who cares because I don't and no one else here does either.

Comment

Maybe you should watch videos while not smoking the good stuff, I guess calling a channel that has completely trashed/ridiculed the last 2 NVidia generations of cards as "NVidia unboxed" is some definition of humour.

Cool story bro, tell someone who cares because I don't and no one else here does either.
                You systematically demonstrate your ignorance and disrespect.

I have already explained to you what is happening here.
                You don't even seem to read the opinions of the viewers of videos you link to.

BTW, I don't smoke -- do you?

Comment

I have already explained to you what is happening here.
                  That you have no idea what you are talking about and you think that having using with a commodore counts as some weird kind of flex?

You don't even seem to read the opinions of the viewers of videos you link to.
                  I have better things to do in my time then read youtube comment trash.

BTW, I don't smoke
                  Thats even more concerning then, it would have at least somewhat explained the absurdity of what you are saying.
                  Last edited by mdedetrich; 04 July 2023, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Speaking of the devil, regarding the whole DLSS vs FSR hardware unboxed just made a great video going over the entire situation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Lcjq2Zc_s

Conclusion: Very likely that for certain titles AMD is blocking DLSS. Also Boundary was the game that removed DLSS after launch, Starfield is just a latest example of another game that refused to add DLSS support.
                    Still not convinced until we see some real evidence but there sure is a lot of smoke right now. Don't fully understand what the motive would be though, FSR works equally good/bad regardless of if you use a AMD or nVidea card so banning DLSS does not give AMD any advantage.

Also people are making far to much into the "oh it only takes one hour to implement" but the thing is that if one adds up all the 1h items that could be done with a game there will be many many hours of work.

Comment

That you have no idea what you are talking about and you think that having using with a commodore counts as some weird kind of flex?

I have better things to do in my time then read youtube comment trash.

Thats even more concerning then.
                      ohh but it seems you have plenty of time to thrash this forums with your litter comments .....

Comment

Working...
                      X