AMD CPU Use Among Linux Gamers Approaching 70% Marketshare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F.Ultra View Post

Still not convinced until we see some real evidence but there sure is a lot of smoke right now. Don't fully understand what the motive would be though, FSR works equally good/bad regardless of if you use a AMD or nVidea card so banning DLSS does not give AMD any advantage.
    Motive is simple, AMD is sick of losing every game upscaling comparison to DLSS.

Originally posted by F.Ultra View Post
    Also people are making far to much into the "oh it only takes one hour to implement" but the thing is that if one adds up all the 1h items that could be done with a game there will be many many hours of work.
    This was addressed in the video, and if you are using an engine like UE4 it really does take that trivial amount of time. Also once you implement the first upscaler technology, it makes implementing any of the other ones much easier (DLSS1 is an exception here because of the bespoke trained neural network but no one is implementing DLSS1 today).

Comment

• Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post
      [...] having using with a commodore counts as some weird kind of flex?
      ok, it seems you need some sort of help to join the dots.

you called me 'AMD shill'

I replied to you in practical terms that I am not,
      If it helps you, I can also add specificity: I do use Nvidia products in data centers, specifically in the area of server-side gpu computing.
      There is currently merit to it -- especially if you consider overall OEM commercial support -- which Nvidia abuses.

But I guess the above is no interested to you, so please keep your head in the sand and disregard

Comment

• Originally posted by Grinness View Post

ohh but it seems you have plenty of time to thrash this forums with your litter comments .....
        Says the person whos last comment was bragging about their computer hardware history. Whats next, your autobiography on how awesome you think you are?

Comment

Says the person whos last comment was bragging about their computer hardware history. Whats next, your autobiography on how awesome you think you are?
          I replied already to this above, with specificity.
          Care to do the same on your end, or you keep basing your comments on FUD?

Comment

ok, it seems you need some sort of help to join the dots.

you called me 'AMD shill'

I replied to you in practical terms that I am not,
            If it helps you, I can also add specificity: I do use Nvidia products in data centers, specifically in the area of server-side gpu computing.
            There is currently merit to it -- especially if you consider overall OEM commercial support -- which Nvidia abuses.
            Those 2 aren't mutually exclusive incase you haven't noticed. You are using NVidia at work because you don't have a choice, but on these forums you are shilling for AMD.

Originally posted by Grinness View Post
            But I guess the above is no interested to you, so please keep your head in the sand and disregard
            Its not interesting because its not really relevant, but posting irrelevant things is par for the course for you so nothing surprising.

Comment

Those 2 aren't mutually exclusive incase you haven't noticed. You are using NVidia at work because you don't have a choice, but on these forums you are shilling for AMD.

Its not interesting because its not really relevant, but posting irrelevant things is par for the course for you so nothing surprising.
              At this point it seems you are simply desperate to make some sort of point.... keep at it, you may succeed ... as soon as the 'flatlanders' take over

Comment

At this point it seems you are simply desperate to make some sort of point.... keep at it, you may succeed ... as soon as the 'flatlanders' take over
                There is no desperation, you came back asking for an answer at https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...99#post1396199.

The fact that you didn't get the answer you wanted is not my problem.

Comment

There is no desperation, you came back asking for an answer at https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...99#post1396199.

The fact that you didn't get the answer you wanted is not my problem.
                  I asked for specificity, not junk or FUD
                  You keep on demonstrating your ignorance.
                  Grand job, you are excellent at it

Comment

I asked for specificity, not junk or FUD
                    Someones getting desperate because they are not getting the answer they were expecting.

You keep on demonstrating your ignorance.
                    Seems like I have encountered a JRPG boss

Grand job, you are excellent at it
                    I guess a touch of positivity always does wonders.

Comment

Someones getting desperate because they are not getting the answer they were expecting.

Seems like I have encountered a JRPG boss

I guess a touch of positivity always does wonders.
                      JRPG Boss, how may hit-point? LOL
                      Great specificity

Comment

Working...
                      X