Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grinness View Post

Just cut your wrist off if it helps you
    There is nothing shady here, actually it is all very clear.
    Microsoft who owns Bethesda and Xbox, is getting worried that Starfield flops and has pushed Bethesda to consult with AMD to give its base what they expect: 60 FPS performance mode -- Microsoft cannot really afford another flop on the Xbox (long list already)
    And this again has absolutely nothing to do with removing an already implemented DLSS for the PC version.

Originally posted by Grinness View Post
    I would suggest you send an email to MS for Xmas, so you can get DLSS too

Best of luck! (LOL)
    I would suggest to stop whatever it is you are smoking.

Comment

Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post

The game is cross platform and it had DLSS for the PC release completely functioning before they removed it which happened soon after their collab with AMD. Furthermore integrating DLSS into games is actually not that hard and most importantly they already did f**ken the work.

Please just stop making stupid hogwash excuses and accept what has happened. Your reasoning is creating so many facepalms that I am going to snap my wrist at some point.
      AMD/Nvidia have always had shady tactics with their exclusive deals. Preventing each other from optimizing exclusive titles/adding features. Some examples from AMD Tomb Raider 2013, Forza Motorsport 7 and recently Godfall that delayed ray tracing support on Nvidia GPUs and never added DLSS support. Then Nvidia with their GameWorks. Don’t support these titles. Similar to titles that don’t support steam proton and things will change.

Comment

This is not really a surprise by any stretch.

There is no question that among devout Linux users AMD enjoys a sort of cult status, even during time spans where AMD CPU's and GPU's do not offer the best bang for the buck or even the best outright performance.

Look at this forum as a microcosm of the larger Linux community.

People such as myself, who use both Windows and Linux on a daily basis, have little brand loyalty, we use whatever we consider to be the best tool available at the time.

Then you have the devout, diehard Linux users, who bristle at the idea of using Intel, Nvidia, Windows, or anything from Apple and denounce them as evil greedy corporation, while simultaneously championing AMD and its products as some sort of Robin Hood type heroic "little guy", while ignoring that AMD is a global multi-billion dollar entity.

But it goes deeper than that, because within this group exists a subset of Linux users that take it a step further and despise Ubuntu and Red Hat as evil greedy corporations and champion Arch and Debian as some sort of Robin Hood type heroes.

Here is the best part about these people, they are incapable of any rational thought or reasoning.

They rag on Nvidia for not releasing completely open source drivers and they rag on MS for not releasing Windows, or at least DX, as open source so they run Linux on AMD CPU's and GPU's, so they can "stick it to the man" and then they play proprietary closed source games, some of them designed only for Windows/DX that need an emulation layer to run.

It's laughable and exposes their hypocrisy.

Comment

Originally posted by creative View Post
          No surprise here. I left intel and entered the Ryzen series starting with the R5 3600. Too bad AMD has not been able to keep up with intels multi-threaded workloads though i.e. 'i5 13600k vs AMD's R5 7600X'. With that being said, I have had a much better experience with the X570 platform. To be honest it's all been pretty smooth. I had more issues with my Z270 setup. Was pretty surprised just how solid everything has been.
          Indeed, I've been all in on AMD hardware since I switched to Linux full time. The improvements on the open source gpu drivers has kept me with them all this time. I haven't had a nvidia card in nearly 20 years and would consider them if they open up on the Linux side of things, but until that day I stick with AMD unless Intel produce something amazing in the next 12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
            This is not really a surprise by any stretch.

There is no question that among devout Linux users AMD enjoys a sort of cult status, even during time spans where AMD CPU's and GPU's do not offer the best bang for the buck or even the best outright performance.

Look at this forum as a microcosm of the larger Linux community.

People such as myself, who use both Windows and Linux on a daily basis, have little brand loyalty, we use whatever we consider to be the best tool available at the time.

Then you have the devout, diehard Linux users, who bristle at the idea of using Intel, Nvidia, Windows, or anything from Apple and denounce them as evil greedy corporation, while simultaneously championing AMD and its products as some sort of Robin Hood type heroic "little guy", while ignoring that AMD is a global multi-billion dollar entity.

But it goes deeper than that, because within this group exists a subset of Linux users that take it a step further and despise Ubuntu and Red Hat as evil greedy corporations and champion Arch and Debian as some sort of Robin Hood type heroes.

Here is the best part about these people, they are incapable of any rational thought or reasoning.

They rag on Nvidia for not releasing completely open source drivers and they rag on MS for not releasing Windows, or at least DX, as open source so they run Linux on AMD CPU's and GPU's, so they can "stick it to the man" and then they play proprietary closed source games, some of them designed only for Windows/DX that need an emulation layer to run.

It's laughable and exposes their hypocrisy.
            well well, this is far fetched.
            ,,, to play your notes: This is not really a surprise by any stretch, for a person that does not know that linux (as a whole) is licensed under GPL 2, what 'tainting' the kernel means and how many copyrights holders are in there

Comment

Yeah... for me it is very simple. I put in an AMD gpu in my build and then install my distro and it just works..no hazzle. I don't have to use windows for gaming anymore either. Thank you AMD. For that I reward you by also buying the cpu from you.

done a few of them now...and I haven't had a single problem during all these years. It had been a dream. So thanks again AMD.

Comment

Originally posted by WannaBeOCer View Post
                Used to use AMD back in the day, Athlon XP, Athlon 64(754), Phenom II tried Zen once with the 3700x, started off bad since I couldn't install Linux/play Destiny 2 when I picked it up. Then 6 months later it died on me but the RMA went smoothly and haven't had an issue with it since. It's no longer my gaming system. I upgraded to a 12700K at release and won't be switching back to AMD until they have a release without any major breakage like they've had with many of their previous releases.

Zen 1 seg faults: https://www.phoronix.com/news/Ryzen-Test-Stress-Run
                Zen 2 RdRand issue: https://www.phoronix.com/news/AMD-Re...Linux-Zen2-Fix
                Zen 3 USB issues: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/am...ctivity-issues
                Zen 4 3D chips burning: https://www.anandtech.com/show/18828...burnout-issues
                I've been using 3700X (with Ubuntu) since the launch. 0 issues whatsoever for me personally.

Intel is not issue free though, like Alder Lake's anticheat breaking issue is one the the recent ones.

Comment

Originally posted by drakonas777 View Post

I've been using 3700X (with Ubuntu) since the launch. 0 issues whatsoever for me personally.

Intel is not issue free though, like Alder Lake's anticheat breaking issue is one the the recent ones.
                  That wasn’t an Intel issue, that was a Denuvo issue. Game developers updated their game or users updated to Windows 11 to resolve the DRM problem. Denuvo Was recognizing the hybrid architectures E-cores as another system. The software developer of Denuvo had to patch their software to support hybrid architectures.

All the issues I listed above were a result of AMDs hardware or firmware.
                  Last edited by WannaBeOCer; 04 July 2023, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Speaking of the devil, regarding the whole DLSS vs FSR hardware unboxed just made a great video going over the entire situation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8Lcjq2Zc_s

Conclusion: Very likely that for certain titles AMD is blocking DLSS. Also Boundary was the game that removed DLSS after launch, Starfield is just a latest example of another game that refused to add DLSS support.

Comment

• Originally posted by piotrj3 View Post

Thing is Nvidia (and Intel) explicitly said they don't make deals to exclude competing technologies. Nvidia also made framework that does implement all upscalling technologies (to make it easier), and Intel agreed (and DLSS and XeSS is supported in it) and AMD refused. Meanwhile when AMD is asked same question does support deals from them prevent refuses to answear question from several journalists.
                      Saying you won't exclude isn't the same as saying you will include. One makes you look good and the other is actually doing good. It's a not so subtle difference.

In all honesty, I don't follow game release statements so I don't know what company says what. All I know is the facts on the ground that show games/game companies having a preference for AMD, for NVIDIA, or for both of them and Intel and that both AMD and NVIDIA have pushed their tech and imposed restrictions in the past.

Comment

Working...
                      X