AMD To Unveil Next-Gen Server Processors On 10 November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by otoomet View Post
    A better solution (for the users) is to have another cpu model that is not on steroids. Something like ryzen 5700x was to 5800x or intel 12700 to 12700k. Cheaper, a tad slower, and sips less power. Maybe some other kind of optimization is possible but I doubt it. I am not sure what is there for the producer, they can maybe target another market segment, or maybe just sell lower quality silicon in this way.
    Those models still have turbo, FWIW.

On the I7-12700K, PL2 is 190 W, whereas the non-K version only drops it to 180 W. So, depending on whether your motherboard will boost indefinitely, simply buying the "65 W" version may not be a solution, at all.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us...=134591,134594

Comment

Originally posted by fitzie View Post

I'm talking about announcements. Not release dates. They can still release products separately. I feel like I'm in groundhog day reliving zen 4 announcements, and we still have zen4 apus and 3d zen4 to go.
      How would you announce something if specifications aren't stabilized yet? You announce something only when you're sure on what and when will hit the market. Or if you're Intel, you announce ARC.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzie View Post
        I'm talking about announcements. Not release dates. They can still release products separately. I feel like I'm in groundhog day reliving zen 4 announcements, and we still have zen4 apus and 3d zen4 to go.
        You understand AMD is using those announcements as advertising right?

So what you're asking is why doesn't AMD stop advertising as much as they do.

That's.... a valid question. But I doubt you're going to find many execs at AMD who think they are advertising too much. More likely it's going to be the other way around.

Comment

Working...
        X