No announcement yet.

AMD Announces Ryzen 7000 Series "Zen 4" Desktop CPUs - Linux Benchmarks To Come

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Announces Ryzen 7000 Series "Zen 4" Desktop CPUs - Linux Benchmarks To Come

Phoronix: AMD Announces Ryzen 7000 Series "Zen 4" Desktop CPUs - Linux Benchmarks To Come

AMD CEO Lisa Su today formally introduced their Ryzen 7000 series desktop processors built atop their Zen 4 architecture.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Maybe it'll finally give me a reason to upgrade my 3800X.

Comment

We await the independent benchmarks and then the comparisons to Raptor Lake.

I wonder if they'll be releasing 65W models that didn't make the grade as I note the 65W uplift slide ?

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
        and you want to upgrade to the 7700X ?

can you tell me what you do with your cpu ?
        Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post

and you want to upgrade to the 7700X ?

It's all for charity, mate.

Comment

The V-Cache models should launch in Q1/23, that might be worth the wait. I also don't like the price increases yet again for DDR5 and the motherboards. I am looking forward for the reviews though and hope AMD invested their dollars in better verification and bug fixing as I have seen just too many issues with AM4 myself.

The i5-13500 looks a bit more appealing for my budget though.

Comment

I saw the AMD live-stream and it was as expected but still almost a month to wait.
              I also saw Michael in Level1Techs live-stream.

Comment

Originally posted by qarium View Post
                Gaming + software development on my 5950X. Doing compilation + tests in ~10 seconds while on CI it takes up to 7 minutes is awesome. Forgot my i7 laptop as a nightmare

Comment

Fantastic news. Have been wanting to upgrade my 2700X and thanks to AM4 and these new CPU's there should be plenty of compatible parts on the 2nd hand market for me soon.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
                    It probably shouldn't. althuogh if their single thread performance advantage over intel's chips is the truth then these are some fairly compelling cores...

too bad we're in the middle of a transition from x86_64 to RISC/ARM architectures; and my mid-range gaming laptop from 3 years ago is still completely solid for the latest games despite only having an 8th gen intel cpu in it and an rtx 2060.

There's very little reason for anyone who bought a pc in the last 6 years to upgrade if they bought a halfway decent one (maybe if you do CAD work or a lot of compiling or other such intense work then you should be persuaded, but otherwise in general not), unless it broke; so I'm kinda inclined to wait for the RISC/ARM laptops to become properly mainstream. Apple set a precedent, I'm honestly quite surprised that this transition isn't already in full swing yet (suspicious even).

Comment

Working...
                    X