AMD Launches The Ryzen Threadripper PRO For Workstations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    I really wonder why does everyone complain about Chinese or Russian spyware but not American ones.
    because us is not ruled by terrorist gang

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
      People in the U.S. have been complaining about the NSA, TSA and for decades.
      btw, the most important thing not realized by clueless people asking what is the difference between us and totalitarian countries, is that it is legal to complain, you wouldn't be jailed or killed for it

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

Can you explain me how the german "Wirtschaftswunder" is fitting into your equation. It has happend after WWII and with setting up a democratic system (again after Weimarer Republik - ended up in electing H.).
        There are no easy answers, since both democracies and non-democracies can do well - or fail.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          threadripper would be downgrade for epyc
          I think the main difference is the much higher power requirements, as someone else pointed out.

Comment

because us is not ruled by terrorist gang
            but is ruled by corrupt gang

Comment

but is ruled by corrupt gang
              you are free to cast your vote differently next time. it doesn't work with ussr or china

Comment

you are free to cast your vote differently next time. it doesn't work with ussr or china
                well, i don't live in the us.
                but are you sure? weren't the 2016 elections screwed up anyway to be in his favor? (see steele dossier)

("ussr"? i thought they already dissolved?)

Comment

This isn't the "General Discussion" sub-forum. So why pollute with all the politics?

Comment

weren't the 2016 elections screwed up anyway to be in his favor? (see steele dossier)
                    they were. but you can screw only so much. in ussr you have no voting at all, just circus.
                    ("ussr"? i thought they already dissolved?)
                    not completely(yet). large chunk remained and is calling itself "russia", while being ruled by same terrorist gang since 1917

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
                      It would seem you overreacted a little.

I'm from the deeply anti American country called Germany, by the way.

I'm not saying the one or the other secret service is better than the other. I'm saying that they are supposed to spy and that is what they do. And the US ones are even spying on their allies, as published by Snowden.

So obviously all the bad things you listed about the Chinese secret service doesn't affect me. I'm not traveling there and I'm not one of their citizens. Same goes for USA.

All I'm saying is that if I've to live with backdoors in my devices, I want European backdoors
                      I believe that you're trying to be sarcastic, but in my opinion you're just expressing the reality on the ground. AFAICT Germany is deeply, though subtly, anti-american.

Anyway, the next frontier for spyware is the hardware. I don't know whether this article is true: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...-top-companies

But it definitely gives a taste of things to come. And an important thing about China is that it is highly unlikely to have whistleblowers like Snowden.

Europe's not going to have big tech any time soon. Remarkably, West Germany was a semiconductor leader in the early '70s. Downhill since. I honestly would be curious as to what happened in the '70s. Anyway, the climate right now is against big companies.

Dear old European Union, how is it hanging together ...

Comment

Working...
                      X