Initial AMD Ryzen 7 4700U Linux Performance Is Very Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post

Why? TSMC Fab 11 is in Camas, Washington. It is mostly dedicated to wafers.
    They are making 5nm chips in america: https://wccftech.com/tsmc-5nm-fab-plant-arizona-usa/
    Last edited by hajj_3; 15 May 2020, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Looks like all the Ryzen 4000 series laptops are all sold out?

Comment

Originally posted by hajj_3 View Post
        I read that Trump is trying to get TSMC to be a fab in america, he's willing to give them billions to build one. This would allow us defence contractors to build military chips using the latest nodes.
        Looks like TSMC just made an announcement along those lines:

Test signature

Comment

Up north, I could only find 8 GB RAM, 1600x900, and sold out;
          https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/laptops.../p/88IPS301433

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
            For Portugal, I guess you meant most western... And not the most southern, as it is not (even considering Madeira).
            Madeira, and Azores, belong to Portugal

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post

Madeira, and Azores, belong to Portugal
              If you take mainland Europe, the most Southern point is in Spain.

Island wise, Canarias is the most southern point, south from Madeira (which belongs to Portugal, as I said).

In any case, considering both mainland and islands, Spain is the most southern point.

Portugal is the most Western.

Comment

I recently bought the same Lenovo Ideapad 5 14" but with amd ryzen 4500u processor. I have it running with Debian/Ubuntu based distro called Pop OS but am having the following issues:
                • Trackpad does not work.
                • Cannot control screen brightness with gnomes brightness slider or with keyboard hotkeys
                My keyboard and usb mouse works and besides the above issues my computer works fine. I've spent 2 days trying to find a solution but have been unsuccessful. Anyone have solutions to these problems?

Comment

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
                  If you take mainland Europe, the most Southern point is in Spain.
                  Island wise, Canarias is the most southern point, south from Madeira (which belongs to Portugal, as I said).
                  In any case, considering both mainland and islands, Spain is the most southern point.
                  Portugal is the most Western.
                  I was only speaking about Mainland
                  Yes if you take the Islands, Spain is the most Southern Country, and Portugal the most Europe western one..

But I was mainly referring that Asia, is using Central Europe Technology, and not Western technology

Comment

Originally posted by modosolo View Post
                    I recently bought the same Lenovo Ideapad 5 14" but with amd ryzen 4500u processor. I have it running with Debian/Ubuntu based distro called Pop OS but am having the following issues:
                    • Cannot control screen brightness with gnomes brightness slider or with keyboard hotkeys
                    My keyboard and usb mouse works and besides the above issues my computer works fine. I've spent 2 days trying to find a solution but have been unsuccessful. Anyone have solutions to these problems?
                    Assuming you used Pop 20.04? Try Ubuntu 20.04 like Michael just to be sure?

Comment

Originally posted by modosolo View Post
                      Using manjaro and the 5.7 kernel I have the brightness issue as well. The touchpad does sometimes work, but it seems absolutely random whether it works or not. Anyway it stays the same in one session. When it does not work I get some strange i2c errors in the system log...
                      See this help page for detailed error report:

Comment

Working...
                      X