Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Announces The Ryzen 3 3100 + Ryzen 3 3300X Processors

Phoronix: AMD Announces The Ryzen 3 3100 + Ryzen 3 3300X Processors

AMD has expanded its highly successful Zen 2 family with some new low-end parts...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Four cores in 2020? Is this a joke? /s

Comment

If they made a dual socket AM4 board that 3100 would damn-near be a core-to-core, ghz-to-ghz upgrade from my current system. It boosts a tiny bit faster.

I'm interested to see how that 3300X pairs with a 580. High-end cheap shit is my shit...and I need something new so I can STFU in AVX+ articles

Comment

Originally posted by xpue View Post
        Why not? If it's properly priced it will find it's customers. There are still countries where even cpus like Ryzen 3600 are too expensive.

Comment

Pretty funny how what was considered top of the line in consumer processing (4 core / 8 threads) 5 years ago is now the lowest-end skew. Really goes to show how stagnant Intel got with their market dominance.

Comment

four cores is more than enought for gaming and most of people. only some pros need more for rendering or some really heavy and multi threat jobs

Comment

Originally posted by novhack View Post

Why not? If it's properly priced it will find it's customers. There are still countries where even cpus like Ryzen 3600 are too expensive.
              Exactly. One of those and four hundred more dollars can potentially make a 1080p60 gaming system that is somewhere between a PS4 and PS5 in graphics quality.

Comment

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

four cores is more than enought for gaming and most of people. only some pros need more for rendering or some really heavy and multi threat jobs
                Yep. Yep. Yep. While I'd want a better CPU for myself, either of these would be perfect to make a Steam Machine for my Dad who has only ever been into console gaming.

There's a market for these. It just isn't people like us since people like us tend to do stuff. These are for people like my Dad who I'd like to build a budget gaming system for or for some of the old people I help maintain their older, aging office PCs.

Comment

Why not? Contrary to popular belief, they are fine for most needs and will continue to be for at least the next 5-10 years. Most software still does not need more than 4 cores, even most games.

I have been eyeing a Ryzen 3600 to replace my FX but now that 4core parts are released, plus cheap mobos, i might get the 3.8ghz 4core instead.
                  Last edited by TemplarGR; 21 April 2020, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Floturcocantsee View Post
                    Pretty funny how what was considered top of the line in consumer processing (4 core / 8 threads) 5 years ago is now the lowest-end skew. Really goes to show how stagnant Intel got with their market dominance.
                    The i7-7700K makes that 3 years.

Comment

Working...
                    X