Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would You Like To See From NVIDIA & ATI/AMD In 2008 For Linux Graphics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS: support for composite sync and sync-on-green

Comment

For AMD/ATI:

The ability to overclock and monitor temperatures on cards.
      Better AIGLX support.
      Fix the screen resolution problems.

Comment

AMD should continue to improve their drivers (even if many people
        say they were just coding more bugs), that's all I want from them
        as it seems to be already going a good way.

On Nvidia side I don't want them to force releasing their specs
        for the public (it's not that natural as many seem
        to think now), but NDAs would be okay I think.

Comment

Video decoding in free drivers so that it works out of the box in the big distros.

Comment

What Would You Like To See From NVIDIA & ATI/AMD In 2008 For Linux Graphics?
            i'd like to see ati/amd's opensource strategy pay off and encourage the company to keep it up.

i'd like to see ati grow some serious linux/bsd/solaris market share and scare nvidia so much that they would also release specifications.

but that's not going to happen any time soon. at least rms will stop bugging ati ;-)
            Last edited by yoshi314; 06 January 2008, 05:20 PM.

Comment

ATI should keep its promise of releasing documentation for all their cards and improve the quality of their drivers.

Nvidia should pursue releasing their docs as well...perhaps under an NDA at first to the nouveau developers.

Comment

I think that comparison is not fully correct. Nv writes at least 2d drivers even for the newest cards as opensource. Intel writes even 3d drivers as opensource and nobody requested documentation...

Comment

I'd like to see strengthing of Open Source contributions by all the major players.

I want to see OpenGL 3 support (whose spec I also hope will be released )

There are some interesting things in OpenGL ES (like EGL) that I would like to see supported at the desktop level.

Comment

1) ATI
                    -speeding up the docs release
                    -speeding up the open driver development

2) Nvidia
                    - they should be following AMD/ATI and Intel example regarding the open drivers.
                    Last edited by val-gaav; 01 February 2008, 07:46 PM.

Comment

from amd

I want crossfire support, i want overclocking tool simple or 3rd party, doesnt have to be from amd themself, but i hope they make overdrive for linux aswell.

i want UVD support, and better playback support for videos, performance as a single card is no issue for me, runs better than windows on my 2900 XT and guess the same for 3870
                      ETQW

Comment

Working...
                      X