AMD Announces The Radeon RX 7700 XT & RX 7800 XT Graphics Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry German:

Außerdem soll die Bilderzeugung als Teil von HypeRX, welches Anti-Lag, Radeon Boost und FSR3 vereint, ab dem ersten Quartal 2024 in den Treiber wandern und die Technik für DirectX11- und -12-Spiele generell und ohne speziellen Support der Spiele verfügbar machen. Damit nähme AMD Nvidia ein großes Verkaufsargument aus der Hand.

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post
      ..castrated Turing..
      too soon man

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post
        Sorry German:

Außerdem soll die Bilderzeugung als Teil von HypeRX, welches Anti-Lag, Radeon Boost und FSR3 vereint, ab dem ersten Quartal 2024 in den Treiber wandern und die Technik für DirectX11- und -12-Spiele generell und ohne speziellen Support der Spiele verfügbar machen. Damit nähme AMD Nvidia ein großes Verkaufsargument aus der Hand.
        Translation:

In addition, image generation is expected to become part of HypeRX, which combines Anti-Lag, Radeon Boost, and FSR3, starting from the first quarter of 2024. This technology will be integrated into the driver and will be generally available for DirectX11 and DirectX12 games without requiring special support from the games themselves. This move would take away a major selling point from Nvidia.
        So will HypeRX ever work on Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
          So will HypeRX ever work on Linux?
          Unlikely. Most Windows stuff never reaches Linux users. Besides Linux is OpenGL/Vulkan. There's a small chance this will work via Wine/DXVK but I've no idea how.

Comment

Originally posted by panikal View Post

Good pricing but small difference what amounts to 5-15% difference in perf depending on use case (shoot-from-hip estimating based on released specs).
            Actually based on AMDs published benchmark numbers, and considering the 4070 is roughly 30% faster than the 4060, the difference between the 7700 XT and 7800 XT should be closer to 20% on average (presumably the quite massive difference in memory bandwidth, also taking into account the smaller L3 of the 7700 XT, really makes a noticeable difference). Hence relative to the 7800 XT the 7700 XT looks quite bad considering the pricing (the performance difference is quite a bit larger than the price difference, and you also get less vram which could get more relevant in the future).

Comment

The $450 price of the 7700 XT will go down, but it is interesting that the CU count increased 35% from the 6700 XT while the 7800 XT's CU count decreased ~17% from the 6800 XT.

Comment

7700xt is a joke for this price. What is AMD thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by scratchi View Post

The castrated 1650 and 1660 are GTX cards, not RTX. They never had support for DLSS and if they did support FSR1 and 2, experience would be rather crap without RT cores. I have a GTX1650 Super, it's not very good, but I wasn't expecting much out of it.
                  I'm fairly sure you're talking out your butt on this one. The Nintendo Switch (a goddamn ultra cut down Maxwell) managed to run FSR 1 for Tears of the Kingdom. There's no connection to RT cores and FSR whatsoever. Nor with FSR 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario Junior View Post
                    7700xt is a joke for this price. What is AMD thinking?
                    I do not believe that they are thinking. Their marketing/PR/sales seems to be living in magical wonderland in the sky...or a hotbox of pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahboi View Post

I'm fairly sure you're talking out your butt on this one. The Nintendo Switch (a goddamn ultra cut down Maxwell) managed to run FSR 1 for Tears of the Kingdom. There's no connection to RT cores and FSR whatsoever. Nor with FSR 2.
                      Yea, I assumed it does, if not, thats cool. But doesn't change the fact my GTX1650 Super sucks though. It's OK, new AMD build with maybe on lf these RX 7800 XTs coming soon I hope

Comment

Working...
                      X