Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Launches The Radeon PRO W7500/W7600 RDNA3 GPUs

Phoronix: AMD Launches The Radeon PRO W7500/W7800 RDNA3 GPUs

Earlier this year AMD introduced the RDNA3-based Radeon PRO W7800/W7900 series while today the company is introduced the Radeon PRO W7500 and W7600 series at the lower-end of the professional graphics spectrum...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Anyone knows how much noise these cards make?

I would like one for my desktop system, but my current card (MSI) is completely silent.

Comment

Originally posted by bash2bash View Post

I would like one for my desktop system, but my current card (MSI) is completely silent.
      I would call them very quiet.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bash2bash View Post

You have to start dissipating in excess of 150-175w for these to start really breathing hard so ... I'd say these lower end models should be whisper quiet. You can probably also tweak the gaming driver to run for them on windows and adjust fan profiles at least you can on my Vega FE and those settings seem to have carried forward to other cards.

Comment

So is RDNa3 better than CDNa3 for compute tasks now?

Comment

thank you for your answers.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post
              So is RDNa3 better than CDNa3 for compute tasks now?
              Not it is not. Those are workstation cards, not compute / data center cards.

Comment

Originally posted by aviallon View Post

Not it is not. Those are workstation cards, not compute / data center cards.
                Ah ok.

So for those workloads what is exactly needed, besides more VRAM?

I mean, this segment was served by CDNa gpus before, hence the confusion?

Comment

Does it support hardware virtualization?
                  ## VGA ##
                  AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                  Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                    Does it support hardware virtualization?
                    To this point, AMD has only enabled/supported SR-IOV (MxGPU in AMD terms) with their Radeon Pro V series, Instinct M series, and Radeon Pro S series GPUs (all targeted for the data center/cloud providers), and not with any of their consumer or workstation GPUs.

Comment

Working...
                    X