Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Announces The GeForce RTX 4060 Series

Phoronix: NVIDIA Announces The GeForce RTX 4060 Series

NVIDIA today announced the GeForce RTX 4060 series consisting of the $399 RTX 4060 Ti 8GB while in July an RTX 4060 Ti 16GB version will come along with a $299 RTX 4060...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The specs look nice
    For a 4050 Ti, at most 4060 card - maybe.

For 4060 Ti 16GB at $500 they look atrocious. This card is just 15%(!) faster in raster than 3060 Ti released two years ago at $400. That's the worst/lowest generational uplift for NVIDIA in roughly two decades. For 20% more price you get 15% more performance, after a two full nodes jump. This is a 122mm2 chip which should have never been called a XX60 Ti. That's a spit in the face. That's a rip off.

The company is riding the DLSS 3.0 FG horse however all I can say is fuck it, I don't need artificial generated frames with an increased latency/input lag. And don't get me started that this is a 128bit PCIe4 x8 GPU. Everything about it screams 4050/4050 Ti.

And don't get me started on how due to its limited bandwidth it will suck in 1440p/4K.

This is not a 4060 Ti, this is a 4050 Ti in disguise sold for twice its actual performance.

Too sad AMD doesn't want to intervene or compete. And some people dare call me an NVIDIA/Intel shill. What a disgrace to intelligence/common sense.

Comment

Really absurd that RTX 4060 will have 8gb VRAM, while 3060 had 12GB. The energy efficiency improvements look nice though.
      If I want to upgrade from my 4GB RX 580, it seems I'll have to wait more because even 8GB isn't enough in some cases these days and I'm not willing to pay more than 299$ for a GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post
        And don't get me started that this is a 128bit PCIe4 x8 GPU.
        And I was thinking Nvidia was the only remaining vendor who doesn't cheap out on PCI lanes and provides full PCI x16 on budget and mainstream cards.. looks like I was wrong. It's really infuriating because people like me who still have pci-e 3.0 motherboards will have degraded performance with PCI x8 compared to full PCI x16.

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
          Really absurd that RTX 4060 will have 8gb VRAM, while 3060 had 12GB. The energy efficiency improvements look nice though.
          If I want to upgrade from my 4GB RX 580, it seems I'll have to wait more because even 8GB isn't enough in some cases these days and I'm not willing to pay more than 299$ for a GPU.
          Shrinkflation?

Comment

We start seeing significant hitching in 1440p on 8GB using RT and what does Nvidia do? Tells people to just play at 1080p and upscale with DLSS. Which would be fine if we were talking about cards priced at $300 or less, but a $400 card in 2023 should not come with 8 GB of memory. Another $100 for some more memory? Talk about pissing on people and telling them its raining.

Mind you, I'm saying this whose five cards have gone: GTX 670 -> GTX 970 -> GTX 1070 Ti -> RTX 3090

Comment

As the owner of an old and trusted 2060 who plays in 1080p on a TV those cards look pretty interesting to me. Might get one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
                If the card has higher power efficiency, why does it need such a big heatsink for 160W? Bullshit.

The RTX 4060 Ti is total garbage. And it's not even about 8gb VRAM. Same amount of CUDA cores, only now the bus width is twice less than 3060 Ti had (128bit vs 256bit).

The new GPU owners can enjoy new shitty 12VHPWR connector.

Comment

For a 4050 Ti, at most 4060 card - maybe.

For 4060 Ti 16GB at $500 they look atrocious. This card is just 15%(!) faster in raster than 3060 Ti released two years ago at $400. That's the worst/lowest generational uplift for NVIDIA in roughly two decades. For 20% more price you get 15% more performance, after a two full nodes jump. This is a 122mm2 chip which should have never been called a XX60 Ti. That's a spit in the face. That's a rip off.

The company is riding the DLSS 3.0 FG horse however all I can say is fuck it, I don't need artificial generated frames with an increased latency/input lag. And don't get me started that this is a 128bit PCIe4 x8 GPU. Everything about it screams 4050/4050 Ti.

And don't get me started on how due to its limited bandwidth it will suck in 1440p/4K.

This is not a 4060 Ti, this is a 4050 Ti in disguise sold for twice its actual performance.

Too sad AMD doesn't want to intervene or compete. And some people dare call me an NVIDIA/Intel shill. What a disgrace to intelligence/common sense.
                  Oh wow, even Nvidia shill is pissed how shitty new nvidia cards are.

Comment

For 20% more price you get 15% more performance, after a two full nodes jump. This is a 122mm2 chip which should have never been called a XX60 Ti. That's a spit in the face. That's a rip off.
                    Its simple, don't buy it. Vote with Wallet.
                    I was waiting for over half year for an upgrade.
                    I realized, I can wait more. And I have FU money, to buy 7900xtx.
                    But AMD and Nvidia pissed me of hard.

Comment

Working...
                    X