Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post

Some manual tests will be good

No time especially with a 10-way GPU comparison when I'm already squeezed for resources especially with all the other benchmarks going on this month.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Cs GO is very cpu heavy.

I'm on Gtx 1050 mobile with i7 7700 HQ , with all settings maxed out motion blur off at 1080p , i'm getting 120 average fps.

With some settings at med , 2x Msaa that goes for 140 fps average.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

No time especially with a 10-way GPU comparison when I'm already squeezed for resources especially with all the other benchmarks going on this month.
        No need compare this vga quantity if is low end then only needs compare geforce GT 1030 - RX 550 - RX 460 - GTX 1050 and all models with 2gb only

Last edited by pinguinpc; 19 January 2018, 08:40 PM.

Comment

amd 1050t 2.ghz 6 core 8 gig ddr3 geforce gtx 660 neon 16 lts . I bought mad max and it was stuttering with nvidia 384 and lucky me 390 came out same day and fixed it. It was playable with vulkan 60-75 fps @ 720p. amd 1090t 3,2ghz 8gb radeon 280x (mesa 17.2or3?) fedora 27 gnome 3. I got a dbus error and it would not launch. I was in x so I switched to wayland and it worked. I only have opengl because I never setup radv yet. 60 to 75 fps @ 720p opengl. Tried it on windows 1080p it froze and winlgon.exe ended up breaking. I fixed windows. I never ran auto benchmark I only Installed and played for 5 minutes each time. All at stock speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by tpruzina View Post
            Seems like the most tests ("real" games, CSGO, Dota, ...) are CPU bottlenecked, variance within same driver/vendor is suspiciously low.
            edit: assumption doesn't go too well with CPU usage grap, wonder what that graph signifies (min(1.0, load/num_cores)?).
            I have to assume the same. I have a gtx 960. I don't check frame rates on all my games, but I do have the frame rate counter on when playing Dota 2, and it is literally DOUBLE what is listed in the article.
            Last edited by shawnsterp; 19 January 2018, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mphuZ View Post
              Hmm.. Serious Sam 3: BFE, FullHD, Low, Vulkan - 34 fps maximum from the entire set? Are you serious?

Are you sure that your tests right? Or on Linux really all that bad? Example: SS3, FullHD, Low, Vulkan, Windows 10 & HD7850 - 160-220 fps (random benchmark)
              Where's the link? Querying google with "benchmark Windows 10 HD7850 serious sam 3 vulkan" comes up with nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by tpruzina View Post
                7850 actually has Vulkan support on windows? I thought they skipped southern islands on windows (or perhaps it was added late, don't really follow windows driver updates).
                Vulkan is supported on my Southern Islands card (HD7770) on both Windows and Linux.

AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series graphics (HD 7730 and up)
                Source: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/vulkan

Comment

Strange that the RX 550 is sometimes faster than the RX 560. This should not be. Also R7 260 (X) is definitely an older model (and even hard to get by these days?). I wonder if that is something in the driver or if they actually hit a CPU limit or a different bottleneck during the tests.
                  Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

That CPU is surprisingly weak, even a low-end Phenom II would beat the hell out of it, and should be available cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                      Thanks, but I would humbly suggest replacing the RX 460 with something even older than the R7 260X, as the RX 460 is not meaningfully different than the RX 560.

That said, I don't play any video games... but I use OpenGL on Linux for other things.

Comment

Working...
                      X