Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System76 Launches Redesigned Thelio Desktop

Phoronix: System76 Launches Redesigned Thelio Desktop

Four years ago System76 launched their Thelio line of Linux desktop computers that are built from scratch and wonderfully by them in their Colorado facility. Today the Linux-focused vendor is announcing their most significant overhaul of the Thelio desktop chassis design to date...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I guess this just confirms that I really wasn't the target audience.

Comment

It'd be nice to be able to get one with AMD graphics.

Comment

The wood veneer accent on the original Thelio is being replaced by a sleeker accent panel that reduces the amount of wood...
        So they're giving up on wood without saying it outright.

Comment

I thought first by "desktop" they meant new DE

Comment

Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post
            I guess this just confirms that I really wasn't the target audience.
            According to the Linux community, no one is, as according to the community, people should just buy a Windows laptop and install Linux.

Comment

Okay, I will be that (very) annoying guy: saving on the wood, but still not offering frontal connections. Also still with the bespoke motherboard cuts in the back, meaning that if yours goes kaput, better finding exactly the same model, otherwise your fancy chassis will need a little dremel treatment.

Comment

Aah yes, I would love my chap Chinese hardware covered in an overpriced casing

Comment

Originally posted by V1tol View Post
                  I thought first by "desktop" they meant new DE
                  You and me both. I was like, OOH, an alternate to the PopOS Shell.

Comment

Michael

Typo/Grammar

Tense agreement. Ago = past. Are = current.
                    "Four years ago System76 launched their Thelio line of Linux desktop computers that are built"
                    Maybe.
                    "Four years ago System76 launched their Thelio line of Linux desktop computers that were built"

Comment

Working...
                    X