Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MastaG
    replied
    Also I think the 73% is only measured in an extreme case where you use a small blocksize, mount using dirsync and create a lot of directories...

It's not going to do much for the average Joe..

Leave a comment:

• George99
    replied
    Danny3: Not GUI but the mkfs.exfat command has a --cluster-size=size option to specify the size.

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied
    Very nice, but if its going to be used on 5.19 it will not affect a lot of mobiles. Most likely they have to backport it down to...3.x? or 4.19? dont know which one is currently used for Android phones. But usually its quite old old long long stable.

Leave a comment:

• Danny3
    replied
    Wonderful!
    A bit sad that it didn't come in 5.18.
    BTW, anyone knows how to specify the cluster size when formatting a flash drive with a GUI like Gparted or KDE Partition manager?
    I saw that you can specify the cluster size if you format the flash drive in Windows 7 with the normal right click -> Format, but I can't seem to find such an option in Linux formatting GUIs.

Leave a comment:

• Sony Contributes ~73%+ Performance Improvement For exFAT Linux Driver

Phoronix: Sony Contributes ~73%+ Performance Improvement For exFAT Linux Driver

The exFAT file-system driver for the Linux kernel continues maturing nicely with new features, fixes, and performance improvements. The latest Linux exFAT driver improvement worth mentioning is a significant performance improvement from a Sony engineer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X