Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tuxdriver View Post
    Here's one:

If you can find more demanding clips than this one, please post them in this thread.
    Thanks, I already had this one and my Phenom 8450 could play it under 80% or CPU usage. Here is a more demanding one:

MPlayer/Xv reports ~120% CPU time for video decoding. "Real" measurements show 88% total.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      Much more demanding is real BD material - usually about 30 mbps.
      This depends on the actual H.264 encoding features used. If you have that high bitrates, I take that too. ;-) I mean, through an official way of course.

Comment

Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
        Does this link work at all? (unable to connect)

Comment

Originally posted by tuxdriver View Post
          Does this link work at all? (unable to connect)
          Humm, looks indeed like his server is down. The clips were real-world recordings with camcorders. I got by this one from:

Comment

Originally posted by duffster View Post
            Can anyone at AMD tell us if this is ever going to be supported? (Bridgeman I'm looking at you).
            I won't talk for AMD. However, the following information can now be made available.

Splitted-Desktop Systems (SDS) will be demonstrating his brand new S2360 motherboard at the Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) in Boston. September, 21st - 24th, 2009.
            <http://esc-boston.techinsightsevents.com/>

The board is featuring:
            - Mini ITX form factor
            - AMD S1g3 socket and SDS exclusive (passive) thermal solution
            - RS780E IGP and MxM 3.0b capable slot for high-performance graphics
            - Other uncommon chipsets include TPM and IPMI suppport

Live demos include HW accelerated H.264 video decoding to an OpenGL texture with AMD XvBA technology. If time permits and I am not too sick tomorrow, another suprise will be cleaned up and prepared for the show.

Please come and visit us at the AMD booth!

NOTE: the exhibition is intended for professionals, I don't know/think you can attend as an individual.
            Last edited by gbeauche; 17 September 2009, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Boo @ TPM

Comment

I won't talk for AMD. However, the following information can now be made available.

Splitted-Desktop Systems (SDS) will be demonstrating his brand new S2360 motherboard at the Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) in Boston. September, 21st - 24th, 2009.
                <http://esc-boston.techinsightsevents.com/>

The board is featuring:
                - Mini ITX form factor
                - AMD S1g3 socket and SDS exclusive (passive) thermal solution
                - RS780E IGP and MxM 3.0b capable slot for high-performance graphics

Live demos include HW accelerated H.264 video decoding to an OpenGL texture with AMD XvBA technology. If time permits and I am not too sick tomorrow, another suprise will be cleaned up and prepared for the show.

Please come and visit us at the AMD booth!

NOTE: the exhibition is intended for professionals, I don't know/think you can attend as an individual.
                Interesting. Do keep us up to date, bridgman is strangely silent on this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
                  Interesting. Do keep us up to date, bridgman is strangely silent on this topic.
                  Not strangely. Obviously he doesn't have anything authoritative to add.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                    Not strangely. Obviously he doesn't have anything authoritative to add.
                    Plus he's made it very clear that he cannot talk about unreleased products or future plans.

Comment

Yep

Here's one vote for changing the minimum message size from 10 to 3
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X