HP To Launch Linux++ Operating System Next Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eydee View Post
    I bet Linus will sue them for the name...
    I sure hope so, otherwise he loses the name

Comment

"Linux++" ... really ? Why not "#Linux" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Alejandro Nova View Post
        What comes to my mind here, when I see this, is PA-RISC, the Alpha, and the truly innovative HP of the nineties, not the dull, boring, cust-cotting and crappy HP of the noughties. AFAIK HP has a lot of experience developing vaporware for non existant hardware, so, let's see how far this will go...
        well in the last 20-30 years HP buried all the great technology they created (or bought) and continued to fail on the inovation front. Tru64, PalmOS etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DMJC View Post
          I'm pretty sure this is going to happen, HP has been working on Memristors for about 5 years publicly now.
          And they're only 2+ years behind their first batch of public deadlines...

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
            HP CTO: We need to make a grande entrance and capitalize on existing brands with this new computer thing. What should we name our product to convey that?
            HP Slave: I know what if we call it the HP OS
            HP CTO: No that just sounds boring and once we kill of.... I mean upgrade users to Carbon we'll have used that glorius name.
            HP Slave: Well Linux is a buzz word lately that everyone seems to take seriously & talk about
            Actually, I think the reason they didn't call it HP OS is 'cause it sounds waaaay to similar to their Unix OS called HP-UX: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/se....html#tab=TAB1

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
              I sure hope so, otherwise he loses the name
              Why do you believe Linux++ is any different than SUSE Linux, RedHat Linux or any of the other company branded Linux distributions?

Comment

Originally posted by Zan Lynx View Post
                Why do you believe Linux++ is any different than SUSE Linux, RedHat Linux or any of the other company branded Linux distributions?
                Linus will be pissed because he is spending alot of his free time secretly porting the Kernel to C++, and now his favorite name is gone and we will get Linux# instead.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                  I bet Linus will sue them for the name...
                  I bet on that too...

Comment

Originally posted by Alejandro Nova View Post
                    What comes to my mind here, when I see this, is PA-RISC, the Alpha, and the truly innovative HP of the nineties, not the dull, boring, cust-cotting and crappy HP of the noughties. AFAIK HP has a lot of experience developing vaporware for non existant hardware, so, let's see how far this will go...
                    well HP created the famous Itanium processor...a 64 bits prosessor...and intel calls to this arch... IA64 saying that intel owns the first 64 bits arch...but they forgot alpha from DEC and intanium from HP ...is NOT from intel...

alpha

itanium

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
                      well HP created the famous Itanium processor...a 64 bits prosessor...and intel calls to this arch... IA64 saying that intel owns the first 64 bits arch...but they forgot alpha from DEC and intanium from HP ...is NOT from intel...
                      ... and the MIPS R4000, which IIRC came before Alpha or Itanium.
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X