No announcement yet.

Frustarated my HD3870 runs like crap on Arch Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pitty, pity, who cares? How many languages are you perfect in?

but hey, not let your personal shortcomings get in your way insulting people.

Besides, you are the one in denial. glxgears is not a benchmark, it results are utterly meaningless. Everybody knows that only you are becoming aggressive about it because somebody rained into your 'my glxgears numbers are so high! I rule!' parade. Face it, you lost and all you can do is insult and whine.

The next time you call me a liar, check the facts first. At the moment you act like a moron.
    Last edited by energyman; 08 August 2008, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Hey everyone, there's a meteor shower going on this week
      Test signature

Comment

it is raining here - so no meteors.

Comment

This thread starts to suck.
          But now bridgman postet s.th. so I have a question and some hope left that its being answered:

I took the easy way and used envyng to install the display driver. In principle, I don't like envyng but this time it worked perfectly. I got now driver ver. 8.50.3 and compiz as well as wow working (set free some endorphine yesterday night).

Yet, the Opengl performance can't blow me away. Anything i can do concerning tweaks /settings to get me some more and continuous fps? Maybe some links dealing with that topic?

Are there ways I can support AMD/ATI driver developers (i.e. by supplying system information) to improve their drivers?
          Last edited by benbuntu; 09 August 2008, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Which GPU are you running ?
            Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by benbuntu View Post
              This thread starts to suck.
              But now bridgman postet s.th. so I have a question and some hope left that its being answered...........

Yet, the Opengl performance can't blow me away. Anything i can do concerning tweaks /settings to get me some more and continuous fps? Maybe some links dealing with that topic?

Are there ways I can support AMD/ATI driver developers (i.e. by supplying system information) to improve their drivers?

There absolutely IS a way you can contribute to improve the drivers. Go to:

Set yourself up an account, and start reporting bugs. That would be an excellent contribution to the ATI community.

There are alot of good ways to get performance info out of the drivers and report it, especially if you are gaming. More info on what you use the machine for would be handy.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                Which GPU are you running ?
                @ bridgman: i have a RV670 on my Sapphire HD 3870 single-slot PCIE.

------------------------------------------------
                System:
                CPU: AMD Phenom 9550
                RAM: 4GB PC800 DDR2 (elixir) Dualchannel
                Mainboard: Biostar GF 8200+
                Graphics: Sapphire Radeon HD 3870 (single slot, PCIE 2.0)
                OS/Software:
                Ubuntu Hardy Heron 64 Bit
                wine 1.0 (selfcompiled)
                -------------------------------------------------
                Last edited by benbuntu; 11 August 2008, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X