Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice Lands An Initial Qt5 Interface Plugin

Phoronix: LibreOffice Lands An Initial Qt5 Interface Plugin

A new VCL plug-in that is in development will allow LibreOffice to blend nicely with the KDE Plasma / Qt5 desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Fantastic news! I do not see them having it on my Tumbleweed!

Comment

Is impressive to see how much LibreOffice advanced after they showed the middle finger to Oracle. It is not there yet, but certainly is moving faster than if they were still trying to merge code to OpenOffice under Oracle.

Comment

This is great! I don’t use LO much but having it move to Gtk3 would have made it unusable for me.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
          This is great! I don’t use LO much but having it move to Gtk3 would have made it unusable for me.
          LibreOffice's VCL (Visual Components Library) also supports GTK2 and GTK3, and many other backends https://github.com/LibreOffice/core/...ter/vcl/README

Comment

Great win for Plasma and for L.O. Are you listening, Mozilla?

Comment

Great news. For me GTK and Qt4 plugins are bugged - GTK has no menu with Plasma global menu enabled (menu is missing, but Plasma doesn't show it). With Qt4 plugin, with custom theme enabled, I have white tooltips with white text (unreadable). Maybe this will improve LO and Plasma integration. I wonder if this make global menu working on Plasma.

Comment

So I don't suppose there are screenshots around? Very excited for this, maybe LibreOffce will finally feel integrated with Plasma desktop.

Comment

Nice! I had to switch to libreoffice-gtk3 in KDE so far, which isn't ideal.

Comment

Please yes please yes please yes. LO looks so ugly with all integrations available on plasma with breeze (and it was worse with oxygen).

Comment

Working...
                    X