Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QupZilla 2.2 Released As The Browser's Last

Phoronix: QupZilla 2.2 Released As The Browser's Last

QupZilla 2.2 has been released as the last feature release for this open-source web-browser project prior to its re-branding initiative under the KDE umbrella as the Falkon project...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

it's definitely a browser that I will try, it resemble to me the first firefox

anyway it's nice to see that khtml returns to home (kde) after years of modifications (forks) by apple (webkit) then google (blink), in the true spirit of opensource

Comment

Yes it has a nice GUI indeed, no nonsense just a simple Firefox 1.x/2.x clone without the XUL, used it a bit when wanting a "small browser" like Midori or Epiphany and it was good at not crashing too.

I guess it should fit in well with LXQt desktop, the latter is in a need for attention though (boring bugfixing and maintenance, or so I thought when I tried it, 0.10). Well there will be an upcoming LXQt 0.12.
      No relation to Qupzilla except the letter "Q" and the good wishes I have for them

Comment

I use QupZilla when my usual browser doesn’t work with an important site, like for example paypal. However it’s not suitable for everyday use for me because of its poor support of dark web pages theming.

Glad that "Falkon" will not depend on KDE. Not a fan of the name though! They should have kept QupZilla, I don’t see the point of changing…

Comment

Qupzilla sounds too affiliated with Mozilla.

Comment

"Kiran" was a much better name.

Comment

Yes, Kiran would have been a nice name. Qupzilla works well on Wayland, it is fast and touch screen scrolling works perfectly. I might reconsider it, Firefox is still my favorite but they don't seem to care about these issues at the moment.

Comment

when falkon will be avaialble?

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                  when falkon will be avaialble?
                  sometime in the Near future.

Comment

Working...
                  X