Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's A Project Working To Implement Direct3D D3D9 Over Vulkan

Phoronix: There's A Project Working To Implement Direct3D D3D9 Over Vulkan

Many have hypothesized over implementing Direct3D over Vulkan for helping out the Linux gaming scene and as an alternative to Wine's Direct3D-to-OpenGL wrapper while a developer appears to have taken up the challenge and has been making progress in writing a Direct3D 9 compatibility layer over Vulkan...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Isn't D3D9 like... 20 years old?

Comment

I think this cool, very interesting and so difficult to do. I am happy to see so many advanced people such as I find here. keep up this good work please, and thank you.
      I really love this web site and all the good work done here. no where else even comes close!

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
        Pulp Fiction is old. Imagine if we couldn't watch Pulp Fiction anymore because of the lack of a tape player. Many people would immediately start working on building new tape players. I guess games really are timeless art mediums just like music and movies.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
          How old is X, again?

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

How old is X, again?

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

How old is X, again?
              10????

Comment

M$ techonologies are waste of time. They are used only to make money.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post

10????
                  Try 30
                  All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

The name of the project may prevent other developers of contributing...

Comment

Working...
                    X