Linux 6.10 NFSD Brings Optimizations & Preps For New nfsdctl Utility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.10 NFSD Brings Optimizations & Preps For New nfsdctl Utility

Phoronix: Linux 6.10 NFSD Brings Optimizations & Preps For New nfsdctl Utility

The Linux Network File System (NFS) server code (NFSD) is seeing a new Netlink protocol introduced in Linux 6.10 as part of laying the groundwork for the new "nfsdctl" utility...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I just hope native unix filesystems get some more love soon, as situation is not very satisfying atm.
    I really like SSHFS, but it lacks proper handling of xattr, and development has stalled.
    I recently tried NFS via Wireguard, which kindoff worked, but not that flawless as I had wished.

What do you guys use?

Comment

I use NFS and haven't had any specific issues with running it over wireguard (including IPv6 and kerberos encryption/authentication). It was a while I set that up, though, and there may have been issues then which I don't remember. I also use NVME/tcp for some things.

Comment

One of the big issue with NFSD for me is the lack of support for exFAT systems, so I switched to user spaces server https://github.com/unfs3/unfs3 and it works perfectly.

Comment

Working...
        X