PipeWire 1.2 Preps For Async Processing, Snap Support & Explicit Sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PipeWire 1.2 Preps For Async Processing, Snap Support & Explicit Sync

Phoronix: PipeWire 1.2 Preps For Async Processing, Snap Support & Explicit Sync

Following last year's release of PipeWire 1.0 for managing audio and video streams on the Linux desktop and proving itself a capable replacement to PulseAudio and JACK, among other uses, PipeWire 1.2 is nearing release. Out today is the first release candidate of the upcoming PipeWire 1.2...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What does PipeWire have to do with a packaging format (Snap)?

Comment

GStreamer? No, thanks. Many people and devs despise that crap.

Anyway, I really hope it replaces both PylseAudio abd Jack in all ways. Efficiency, low latency, features, etc.

Comment

I've tried PipeWire out, and while it does work and is easier to set up than PulseAudio, some applications don't like it and audio suddenly halts (FluidSynth in particular when the backend is set to JACK)...

Comment

Cool Beans!

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
            What does PipeWire have to do with a packaging format (Snap)?
            PipeWire needs to be able to pass the audio or video to the hardware outside the sandbox of the container, providing that service in a secure manner for flatpak was actually one of the original design parameters for PipeWire.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
              I've tried PipeWire out, and while it does work and is easier to set up than PulseAudio, some applications don't like it and audio suddenly halts (FluidSynth in particular when the backend is set to JACK)...
              We keep fixing bugs and deaing with corner cases for each release. If it was some time ago I hope you will test again and if it was recent or it still fails please file a bug report.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianSchaller View Post

We keep fixing bugs and deaing with corner cases for each release. If it was some time ago I hope you will test again and if it was recent or it still fails please file a bug report.
                A PipeWire dev! Thanks a lot!

What's the status of PipeWire integration in DEs and such? Any new usecases for PipeWire?

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

A PipeWire dev! Thanks a lot!
                  This is really a great forum, where you often hear from the devs themselves.

Comment

Does anyone know how to change the sample rate of the Bluetooth device? Not long ago you could change it in the WirePlumber configuration files.

Comment

Working...
                    X